When emerging www-servers/varnish-5.1.1 it fails (see attached build.log)
Seems to be related to ncurses detection.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. emerge www-servers/varnish
Fails to build (see build.log for error context)
Should build and install normally.
It is probably related to sys-libs/ncurses, which is installed. I have installed both sys-libs/ncurses-5.9-r101(5/5) and sys-libs/ncurses-6.0-r1(0/6)
Created attachment 469452 [details]
Created attachment 469454 [details]
I found out that the problem stems from the compilation of ncurses. I compile sys-libs/ncurses:0 (that's v6.x) with -tinfo in order for varnish 5.1.x to compile successfully.
With the tinfo flag enabled on ncurses, varnish fails with the aforementioned error.
I made a pull request upstream to support an ncurses library with split tinfo: https://github.com/varnishcache/varnish-cache/pull/2331
It's just a matter of updating m4/ax_with_curses.m4 and replacing a deprecated variable in 3 Makefile.am files.
Created attachment 536302 [details]
varnish revbump for tinfo patch (lkatest stable keyworded varnish)
Created attachment 536304 [details, diff]
patch to build varnish with sys-libs/ncurses USE=tinfo
Give those a try for those of you on stable keyworded systems.
Should be fixed by varnish 6.0.1, stable request at bug 670794
*** Bug 696880 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***