We really need a newer stable catalyst. It will fix several outstanding bugs in our mainstream stage3s.
Is there any info on what needs to be done before a new release can be made? I don't mind to help and create some PRs to fix things as long as it's clear what needs to be done.
I'm not sure if it even makes sense to keep waiting with the release. If there are no bugs in the 3.0_rc1 release it might make more sense to just release it as 3.0 and then start adding/fixing the other items, right?
@Ben Kohler did you close this bug by accident? No 3.0 version has been stabilized.
Hmm I closed this from the standpoint that it's released and in-use by RelEng team. I will re-open and we can see about getting 3.0.1 marked stable soon.
(In reply to Ben Kohler from comment #3)
> Hmm I closed this from the standpoint that it's released and in-use by
> RelEng team. I will re-open and we can see about getting 3.0.1 marked
> stable soon.
OK, no problem, just checking :)
I think the majority of the blocked bugs will be solved by the stages being built using the new catalyst, but stabilizing for the people outside of releng that use catalyst would be nice as well :)