Fail2ban 0.8.4 fails to start. Logs indicate start-stop-daemon: start does not exist
Steps to Reproduce:
1. /etc/init.d/fail2ban stop
2. emerge net-analyzer/fail2ban
3. /etc/init.d/fail2ban start
# /etc/init.d/fail2ban start
* Starting fail2ban ...
* start-stop-daemon: start does not exist
* Failed to start fail2ban [ !! ]
* ERROR: fail2ban failed to start
Thank you for the bug report, could you double check the version number please?
$ eix fail2ban
Available versions: 0.9.2 ~0.9.2-r1 0.9.3-r1 ~0.9.4 **99999999
Please try one of the above versions and report, if the problem is solved.