This ebuild is needed to support building the mono debugger.
Two headers are installed in /usr/include/mono/metadata that would otherwise
not be installed. Doing something like this, i.e., exposing internal
parts that the original developers didn't intend to expose, is uncomfortable,
but the alternative is unpacking the mono tarball every time you want to
build the debugger, and that doesn't look good either.
I also added a couple of USE flags: monosigaltstack and monopreview.
monopreview - builds the preview version of C#-with-generics compiler.
monosigaltstack - I think this enables mono to throw an exception on stack
overflows instead of segfaulting, but I'm not 100% sure about that.
Created attachment 34708 [details]
mono-1.0.ebuild enhanced to support mono-debugger-0.9.ebuild
I'm very hesitant to be randomly include headers in our packaging of mono that aren't intended to be used. As much as it sucks to unpack a whole mono tarball, i find this to be a much better alternative (lesser of two evils).
As for the extra USE flags, i personally would like to say no too, if somebody is in need of the preview stuff, then they should be following mono development closely, and be installing by hand/from CVS.
As for the sigaltstack, I've not looked into the details of it either, if you can give me a concrete reason this warrants YALUF (Yet Another Local Use Flag), then i'd consider adding it.
Marking WONTFIX. The debugger is package.masked until a new release which hopefully won't be as buggy/broken.