I changed the ebuild, conf-files, diffs and scripts so that php can be used very easy.
The ebuild uses two different diffs, one that enables php in the lighttpd.conf and one that doen't. Sadly I did not have an idea to solve this in one diff.
The ebuild now uses enewuser from eutils.eclass for adding the lighttp-user.
I moved the lighttpd.conf from /etc/conf.de to /etc becaused it seems that /etc/conf.d is for the init-scripts. I made an einfo at the end of emerge to get the updating users notice. I also patched the manpage so that the path to the conf-file is now correct.
I hope I listed all the changes here.
The ebuild and scripts were on two x86-boxes with and without the spawn-fcgi. Both work for me.
Steps to Reproduce:
Created attachment 34060 [details]
Created attachment 34061 [details]
Created attachment 34062 [details]
Created attachment 34063 [details]
Created attachment 34064 [details]
The last line in the two diff-files ("Only in doc/: lighttpd.conf.orig") can/should be deleted.
Okay, this is now in Portage. I split spawn-fcgi out into a separate package; it makes life a lot easier.
Let me know how you get on with it.
Created attachment 35133 [details, diff]
Sorry it took so long. I had much to learn for the university and simply forgot
to test and now got remembered by the new-version-announcement. ;-)
* I added ldap to IUSE (because it is used by you)
* And I changed a dodir into newdir because the dodir made the problems by
removing an empty log-dir when updating.
* At last I removed the PV from the install of the init-script so that it is
not needed to create a new file in FILESDIR for every version-bump.
Renaming the resulting file to lighttpd-1.2.3.ebuild is enough for the bump to
the new version.
Everything else works fine on my box.
Perhaps an einfo message would be nice for the php-users, that they have to
start a second init-script to geht php working.
Closing Bug (see Bug #59018)