I was attempting to upgrade from rtorrent-0.9.3 on an armv7a system in order to promote its stabilization on arm, when I got this error at config time
configure.ac:7: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PATH_CPPUNIT
If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
See the Autoconf documentation.
I found the following upstream bug report which indicates it requires cppunit at build time only:
I emergeed cppunit on the affected system and afterwards rtorrent-0.9.4-r1 built fine.
Hmmm after filing this, I see that cppunit is already a conditional dep for the test useflag. I am not using this flag, it seems that upstream must have made it non-conditional
Can confirm the same problem on ~amd64...
*** Bug 551072 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
The issue is introdued by bug 462788.
+ 19 Jul 2015; Benda Xu <firstname.lastname@example.org> files/rtorrent-0.9.4-tinfo.patch,
+ net-p2p/rtorrent-0.9.4-r1 depends on dev-util/cppunit, bug 548998. Credits:
+ David Flogeras, Ivan S. Titov, Toralf Foerster and erlend1969.
same issue with net-p2p/rtorrent-0.9.6 at the unstable amd64 chroot image 13.0-systemd_20170608-193944 at the tinderbox
Created attachment 476824 [details]
Created attachment 476826 [details]
Created attachment 476828 [details]
Created attachment 476830 [details]
Created attachment 476832 [details]
Created attachment 476834 [details]
Created attachment 476836 [details]
I'm closing this since 0.9.6 is fixed and it's stable everywhere 0.9.3 is.