I am getting this error when building on a chroot:
>>> Emerging (1 of 7) dev-libs/pth-2.0.7-r3::gentoo
* pth-2.0.7.tar.gz SHA256 SHA512 WHIRLPOOL size ;-) ... [ ok ]
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking pth-2.0.7.tar.gz to /var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/pth-2.0.7-r3/work
>>> Source unpacked in /var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/pth-2.0.7-r3/work
>>> Preparing source in /var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/pth-2.0.7-r3/work/pth-2.0.7 ...
* Applying pth-2.0.5-parallelfix.patch ... [ ok ]
* Applying pth-2.0.6-ldflags.patch ... [ ok ]
* Applying pth-2.0.6-sigstack.patch ... [ ok ]
* Applying pth-2.0.7-parallel-install.patch ... [ ok ]
* Applying pth-2.0.7-ia64.patch ... [ ok ]
* Applying pth-2.0.7-kernel-3.patch ... [ ok ]
* Replacing obsolete head/tail with POSIX compliant ones
* - fixed aclocal.m4
* - fixed configure
* Running elibtoolize in: pth-2.0.7/
* Applying portage/1.5.10 patch ...
* Applying max_cmd_len/1.5.20 patch ...
* Applying sed/1.5.6 patch ...
* Applying as-needed/1.5 patch ...
* Applying target-nm/2.4.2 patch ...
>>> Source prepared.
>>> Configuring source in /var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/pth-2.0.7-r3/work/pth-2.0.7 ...
* econf: updating pth-2.0.7/config.sub with /usr/share/gnuconfig/config.sub
* econf: updating pth-2.0.7/config.guess with /usr/share/gnuconfig/config.guess
./configure --prefix=/usr --build=powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu --host=powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var/lib --libdir=/usr/lib --disable-static
./configure: line 286: /tmp/autoconf.23963: Permission denied
./configure: line 297: /tmp/autoconf.23963: Permission denied
./configure: line 310: /tmp/autoconf.23963: No such file or directory
* ERROR: dev-libs/pth-2.0.7-r3::gentoo failed (configure phase):
* econf failed
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 93: Called src_configure
* environment, line 2585: Called econf '--disable-static'
* phase-helpers.sh, line 584: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* die "econf failed"
* If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=dev-libs/pth-2.0.7-r3::gentoo'`,
* the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=dev-libs/pth-2.0.7-r3::gentoo'`.
* The complete build log is located at '/var/log/portage/build/dev-libs/pth-2.0.7-r3:20150223-112316.log'.
* For convenience, a symlink to the build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/pth-2.0.7-r3/temp/build.log'.
* The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/pth-2.0.7-r3/temp/environment'.
* Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/pth-2.0.7-r3/work/pth-2.0.7'
* S: '/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/pth-2.0.7-r3/work/pth-2.0.7'
But this only occurs for this package for now. Looks like it's because of incorrect permissions of my /tmp:
# ls -l /tmp/
-rw------- 1 root root 0 Feb 15 10:28 manpages-checksNpcn
# ls -l /tmp/ -d
drwxr-xr-x 2 1017 1017 4096 Feb 23 11:00 /tmp/
Maybe emerge should warn (or even fix if it's possible for it) about /tmp not having proper permissions
Thanks a lot :)
Suffered again in a chroot :/, not sure if maybe the bug is in stages that create it wrongly when unpacking :|