I ran 'emerge sync' as I do on a regular basis. When I subsequently ran 'emerge -vup world', I got the following feedback:
These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
Calculating world dependencies ...done!
[ebuild N ] sys-kernel/gentoo-dev-sources-2.6.6 -build 0 kB
Total size of downloads: 0 kB
When I then run 'emerge -v world', it seems to be going okay, then bails out as follows:
01:44:22 (26.52 KB/s) - `/usr/portage/distfiles/genpatches-2.6-6.30-base.tar.bz2' saved [269049/269049]
>>> md5 src_uri ;-) linux-2.6.6.tar.bz2
>>> md5 src_uri ;-) genpatches-2.6-6.30-base.tar.bz2
>>> md5 src_uri ;-) genpatches-2.6-6.30-extras.tar.bz2
>>> Preparing to unpack...
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking linux-2.6.6.tar.bz2 to /var/tmp/portage/gentoo-dev-sources-2.6.6/work
* genpatches-2.6-6.30-base.tar.bz2 unpacked
* genpatches-2.6-6.30-extras.tar.bz2 unpacked
* Applying 1310_k8_cardbus_io.patch... [ ok ] * Applying 1315_alpha-sysctl-uac.patch... [ ok ] * Applying 2110_bcm5700_broadcom_gigabit_drvr_11272003.patch... [ ok ] * Applying 2115_fa311-mac-address-fix.patch... [ ok ] * Applying 2120_ipw2100-0.40-2.6.5.patch... [ ok ] * Applying 2320_adaptec_dpt_i2o.patch... [ !! ]
* Please attach /var/tmp/portage/gentoo-dev-sources-2.6.6/temp/2320_adaptec_dpt_i2o.err to any bug you may post.
!!! ERROR: sys-kernel/gentoo-dev-sources-2.6.6 failed.
!!! Function unipatch, Line 485, Exitcode 0
!!! Unable to dry-run patch.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. emerge sync
2. emerge -vup world
3. emerge -v world (or emerge -vu world -- it's the same)
The error previously indicated was spit back, and I submitted this bug.
Installed the latest gentoo-dev-sources
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 51800 ***