net-proxy/ntlmaps support python < 3
Fist line in /usr/bin/ntlmaps should be changed:
Also had problems with line #51 in /usr/lib/ntlmaps/config_affairs.py
externalIP = socket.gethostbyname_ex(hostname)
Commented in and added following
externalIP = 
I'm going to add this out of principle. I found Bug 513616 via Bug 455102 and subsequently spent around 2 hours revising the methods of conversions because it was still OPEN, only to discover
21 Mar 2015; Justin Lecher <email@example.com> metadata.xml,
Bump to new python eclasses
and yes I hadn't update that folder for a while but that isn't the point here. If this bug had been closed back on 21 Mar 2015 I would never have looked at it and sunk > 2 hours into it. Having done so, I find some elements of the bump that I would query if not challenge outright.
1. It was established form the outset (Dec 2012) that any conversion qualifies as a revbump. The ebuild should be a ntlmaps-0.9.9.6-r4.ebuild.
2. This ebuild utilises python-r1 which is not wrong. I elected to use a python-single-r1 considering it is a py2.7 only. Both in fact work, but this ambiguity of the eclasses is beginning to cause confusion and unwanted conflict in pursuing conversions.
3. python_domodule lib/*.py would be interchangeable with the form I chose and it seems to me both are correct.
4. ditto python_newscript main.py ntlmaps vs exeinto. In this case the python_newscript represents a progression to the new. Both work.
5. The dodoc I decided was installing stuff unlikely to ever be used. I reduced it to commonly accepted essentials.
6. dohtml I gather is on the way out so I replaced it with the cited option, a forward move.
7. The use of python_foreach_impl is what perplexes me.
PYTHON_COMPAT=( python2_7 ). I see no use for python_foreach_imp in an ebuild of an old package that is limited to py2.7. Or is this an obligatory entry required in python-r1 ebuilds with which I am yet to become proficiently practiced??
Created attachment 400310 [details, diff]
(In reply to Ian Delaney from comment #2)
> Created attachment 400310 [details, diff] [details, diff]
Seriously, no reason to change this ebuild. It works, it is correct. So better focus on other stuff.
this was migrated