Created attachment 2255 [details]
Created attachment 2314 [details]
Included 'dodoc' / cleaned of comments
i add "make install" to the ebuild, and when i try to test it i have this:
bass@woprbass $ arianne-server
16:13:08|App |fatal error-> smain.cpp: XmlDataBase::XmlDataBase - missing
Do you have the same?
Sorry, 4got this one...Tested and got the same :(....
Gonna try & see once more what can be done..
Can be a big help if you ask for example in the forums of arianne or similar.
If you fix this tell me. so i don't hava time for this nowdays.
Am still trying, but does this help ?
From the readme.unix:
(Setupfiles ed. are in /usr/share/Arianne )
How to run Arianne on Un*x and compatibles
Now you have built Arianne, or dunno how, you have a get a binary version.
You need now to follow the next steps.
If you just want to connect to an online server, simply go to step 14
If you are using a MySQL database please do this:
1) Make sure that MySQL server is up.
If not sure just run mysqld
2) Connect to the MySQL database using a MySQL client
3) Create a new database and grant access to an user.
create database arianne;
grant all on arianne.* to <name>@localhost identified by '<password>';
4) Now you can close connection to the MySQL server.
5) Now you must create tables on database.
accountmanager -u <name> -p <password> -d arianne -h <database ip>
(-h is optional and defaults to 127.0.0.1/localhost if not specified)
Now choose option 1, Create tables.
When asked for Tables locations insert .../arianne/bin/Dbs
After that you should see a success message from account-manager
Alternatively if you are using the XML database you should do:
1) Execute accountmanager and give a valid filename for the XML database.
6) Create an account for a player
Now choose option 2, and give the <login> name and location of the key
7) Close account-manager
Now you can choose an "automatic" configuration
8) Executing resetFiles.bat
9) Read the below steps to know how to fill the required values.
Or choose a manual one
8) Copy bin/Server.xml.template to your server's install directory and
rename to Server.xml
Also fill all the values with the data that is correct for your system.
Or if you choosed a XML database
You can choose your server to be listed on the Web for player to join
If you don't want to appear simply remove the section.
9) Copy bin/Worldfile.arianne.template to your server's install directory
and rename to Worldfile.arianne
10) Copy bin/ObjectClass.arianne.template to your server's install
directory and rename to ObjectClass.arianne
11) Copy bin/MOTD.arianne.template to your server's install directory and
rename to MOTD.arianne
12) Copy bin/Slots.arianne.template to your server's install directory and
rename to Slots.arianne
13) Now we are going to init arianne-server
So just run arianneserver
14) Copy bin/Client.xml.template to your client install directory and
rename to Client.xml
Please fill correct values for your system
Usually you are going to use it just for test a server, so IP should
15) Now we just launch a client that connect to server.
arianneclient -u <login> -p <gamePassword>
of if you choose RSA Login:
arianneclient -u <login> -k <key-file>
Note: The client is currently non-interactive and non-graphical. It is currently
setup just to
test out communication between the client and server.
try it :) and tell me
I will, I will ! :-/
Give me some gcc 3.2 playtime, will ya ;-D !
Didn't 4get you Jose...Gonna look at it tomorrow...I hope :-/
don't worry, simply tell me whe you did it
After the death of the Arianne project (really i liked this project) i stop
this bug, i think that is not a good idea use a app (game) that is no more
updated and that is incomplete.
Really thanks for you efforts.
see you in another bug =)
(if you need something write to my e-mail)