I am trying to install Gentoo 2004.1 on a PowerMac 9600 (ppc machine) via the bootstrapping method, a stage1 install. When I try to run the bootstrap.sh script, I get the following error:
all ebuilds that could satisfy ">=sys-apps/portage-2.0.49" have been masked
possible canidates are:
Error calculating dependencies. Please correct.
I have tried the following to fix:
- export ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~ppc"
- ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~ppc" ./bootstrap.sh (when I'm in the scripts directory)
- ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~ppc -ppc" ./bootstrap.sh
- going to /usr/portage/profile/package.mask and commenting out any lines having to do with sys-apps/portage
- copying ebuilds from Gentoo 1.4 for portage into the sys-apps/portage directory.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Untar the ppc stage1 tarball in my gentoo directory.
2. Get to the point on the machine just prior to where you would run the bootstrap script following the directions. This includes being chrooted to the gentoo directory
3. execute the bootstrap script
already described in the details section.
compiled portage and bootstrapped the system.
The only other thing I can think of to add is that my computer is a PowerMac
9600 200/MP. It has 480MB of RAM. I am using a 2.4.26 kernel to boot with SMP
Could you attach the contents of your /etc/make.conf.
Please reopen this bug if it is still valid.
No response. Closing.