Version 3.0 works flawlessly here.
Update to 4.0_alpha2, Error "Bad option /data/install/http-replicator"
(which is the cache dir)
Tried numerous things. like
* renaming http-replicator to simply cache
* renaming option "--dir" to "-r" then "--root"
Only thing that helped was downgrade to 3.0 version.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Upgrade to 4.0_alpha2
2. try /etc/init.d/http-replicator restart
What complains how?
1) Please post your `emerge --info' output in a comment.
2) Please attach then entire build log to this bug report, if emerge is what complained.
Does the directory (or just its parents) perhaps not exist?
Can you obtain more information about what it really does with strace?
not the emerge complains, the app (successfully emerged) complains.
When invoking http-replicator 4.0_alpha2 via
it complains with the aforementioned error.
Of course the directory exists.
Can you please attach your /etc/conf.d/http-replicator file?
Created attachment 360456 [details]
http-replicator config file
here it is. As I wrote, works with 3.0 but not 4.0
According to help, 4.0 doesn't know the --dir option trying to change that into -r (--root) didn't help either.
I believe GENERAL_OPTS should have "--dir /var/cache/http-replicator/" while DAEMON_OPTS should have "--root /var/cache/http-replicator/". Why do you set DAEMON_OPTS="$GENERAL_OPTS"?
I didn't set anything. That is the http-replicator file as was "always there".
I see now, this line was present in the 3.0 config, not present in the 4.0 config. Try "emerge -1 --noconfmem http-replicator" then use dispatch-conf or etc-update to see config changes, you should see this in the diff output:
-## Don't change or comment this out:
So in short, update your config to use the new DAEMON_OPTS setting that comes as default in the 4.0 config (you can use your own custom path for the cache, but make sure it has --root and not --dir)
The config changed between 3 and 4, which I have mentioned in the post installation messages which goes like:
> Starting with 4.x releases, the conf.d parameters have changed.
Please try to correct the configuration to the new format, an example which can be seen at http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/net-proxy/http-replicator/files/http-replicator-4.0_alpha2-r2.conf and which was reported working by someone else during the original version bump; if you are not able to resolve this by adapting the new config, please reopen the bug and reattach your new config.