After a depclean, mplayer complained that it couldn't find libmad.
I checked, libmad indeed was not there! So, emerge -Dpv mplayer
. . . . mplayer 1.0-pre3-r2 doesn't seem to depend on libmad, by
any mechanism. It certainly seems to want it. There's NO libmad
or mad USE flag for mplayer either.
At any rate, I had to hand-merge libmad. Check your work, you might
need to add a depend on media-libs/libmad for mplayer.
I can't reproduce this. I removed libmad, remerged mplayer-1.0-pre3-r5 and it
According to the configure file, libmad is autodetected. It's obviously not a hard
dependency since my merge was succesful. Could you please post more info inlcuding
what error it is that you are actually running into. I'm setting this bug to
NEEDINFO, please re-open it once you can post more info. Thanks. Also, please
include emerge info output.
ahh ok. I used a binary package, figured the ebuild would have control
over this. Sorry.
Ah, okay. I'm closing this bug then.
This actually was a duplicate of bug 32606, mplayer's damned autodetect noticing libmad, and configuring support in. mplayer-1.0_pre4 now uses a mad use flag to control configuration of mad support.