Upstream merged my patch for tclsh, so that's dropped - see https://github.com/antirez/redis/pull/906. Other than that, your every day version bump. I raised EAPI to 5 while at it. See verbump branch here: https://github.com/jbergstroem/gentoo-overlay/compare/redis-2.6.10
Redis changelog for 2.6.10:
UPGRADE URGENCY: MODERATE, this release contains many non-critical fixes
and many small improvements.
* [BUGFIX] redis-cli --rdb, fixed when the server sends newlines to ping.
* [BUGFIX] redis-cli, minor fixes on connection handling, prompt.
* [BUGFIX] Slow log: don't log EXEC, just executed commands.
* [BUGFIX] On failed shutdown don't try again and again compulsively.
* [BUGFIX] Fix build on sunos without backtrace().
* [BUGFIX] UNSUBSCRIBE and PUNSUBSCRIBE: always provide a reply (see 742e580)
* [BUGFIX] Lua struct library was broken, upgraded.
* [BUGFIX] Fix a bug in srandmemberWithCountCommand() with count argument.
* [BUGFIX] Test: disable clients timeout to prevent issues on slow systems.
* [BUGFIX] Sentinel: don't advertise the promoted slave as master too early.
* [IMPROVED] Whitelist SIGUSR1, see http://redis.io/topics/signals.
* [IMPROVED] Simpler to understand redis-cli --bigkeys output.
* [IMPROVED] Test now works with tclsh > 8.5.
* [IMPROVED] Added option to turn of the Nagle algorithm in slave socket.
* [IMPROVED] Optionally use SO_KEEPALIVE to detect dead peers.
Renamed my 2.6.10, so if you're from an earlier revision drop the tcl patch. attached ebuild for convenience.
UPGRADE URGENCY: LOW, however updating is encouraged if you have many instances
per server and you want to lower the CPU / energy usage.
* [BUGFIX] Replication: more strict error checking for master PING reply.
* [BUGFIX] redis-cli: use keepalive socket option for improved reliability.
* [BUGFIX] Allow AUTH while loading the DB in memory.
* [BUGFIX] Don't segfault on unbalanced quotes while parsing config file.
* [IMPROVED] serverCron() frequency is now a runtime parameter (was REDIS_HZ).
* [IMPROVED] Use a lot less CPU when idle, even with many configured DBs.
Created attachment 341746 [details]
UPGRADE URGENCY: MODERATE, nothing very critical but a few non trivial bugs.
* [BUGFIX] redis-cli --bigkeys: don't crash with empty DB.
* [BUGFIX] stop-writes-on-bgsave-error now works in redis.conf
* [BUGFIX] Don't crash at startup if RDB is there but can't be opened.
* [BUGFIX] Initial value for master_link_down_since_seconds is now huge.
* [BUGFIX] Allow SELECT while loading the DB.
* [BUGFIX] Don't replicate/AOF an empty MULTI/EXEC if the transaction
is empty or containing just read-only commands.
* [BUGFIX] EXPIRE should not be able to resurrect keys (see issue #1026).
* [IMPROVED] Extended SET back ported from Redis 2.8 / unstable
See http://redis.io/commands/set for more information.
* [IMPROVED] Test suite improved.
Any ebuild changes?
(In reply to comment #4)
> Any ebuild changes?
nope. Full commit history since 2.6.9 here:
The ebuild looks ok to me then
2.6.13 out. New proposed branch to merge: https://github.com/jbergstroem/gentoo-overlay/compare/redis-2.6.13
Adding blocks to other bugs since this merge would fix them (please review though).
Done, thanks! (And sorry for the long wait.)