The festival and fest* tarballs are distributed under the FESTIVAL license, see COPYING.
The README file in the speech_tools tarball has all of the following:
- HPND (for files in siod/ subdirectory and a few others)
- rc (for siod/editline.c and related files)
- rxp/ has no explicit license, but README says that this version is free
- regexp-UofT (for base_class/string/reg*), see below
- BSD (base_class/string/EST_strcasecmp.c)
In summary, both packages should have:
LICENSE="FESTIVAL HPND BSD rc regexp-UofT"
@Licenses team: regexp-UofT looks like a Free Software license to me; it is very close to "rc".
Correction, I had missed the following:
The voices however aren't all free. At present the US voices, kal and
ked are free. Our British voices are free themselves but they use OALD
which is restricted for non-commercial use. Our Spanish voice is also
Therefore, an additional free-noncomm is needed (for festival only):
festival: LICENSE="FESTIVAL HPND BSD rc regexp-UofT free-noncomm"
speech-tools: LICENSE="FESTIVAL HPND BSD rc regexp-UofT"