Created attachment 328582 [details]
I am trying to emerge gimp-9999, I know this is a live version and it is not supported by devs, but I think that should be a problem with the ebuild so that's why I report this bug.
Emerging I get this error:
Now type 'make' to compile the GNU Image Manipulation Program.
* Fixing OMF Makefiles ... [ ok ]
* Disabling deprecation warnings ... [ ok ]
* Running elibtoolize in: gimp-9999/
* Portage patch failed to apply (ltmain.sh version 2.4.2)!
* Please file a bug report to add a proper patch.
* ERROR: media-gfx/gimp-9999 failed (prepare phase):
* Portage patch failed to apply!
This is my "emerge --info": http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=cqkRCeyH
my version of libtool is the same. With neither portage 184.108.40.206 nor 220.127.116.11 I get the error. Would it be too much too ask to try with portage 18.104.22.168, the latest testing version?
Downgrade portage to 22.214.171.124 and remerge gimp-9999 = same error.
My impression is that libtoolize is call twice in the process (by ./autogen.sh and by gnome's call to elibtoolize) and that may be part of the problem.
Other things you could try:
- add debbugging statements to the libtool eclass (e.g. "set -x")
- replace the call to ./autogen.sh by eautoreconf, something else or nothing
So, do you have an ebuild to test?
(In reply to comment #4)
> So, do you have an ebuild to test?
Sorry, no. I cannot reproduce here and have no good clue of what is going on.
Can I try to change anything?
Will be better if you tell me what lines.
I found a solution by commenting "gnome2_src_prepare".
This is the ebuild I use: https://raw.github.com/yellowhat/ebuilds/master/media-gfx/gimp/gimp-9999-r1.ebuild.
Thanks for reply
Latest reply two years old, live ebuild just updated, seems to work right now. Daring to close.