Disclaimer: this bug has been filed in a semi-automated manner.
When emerging the package dev-lang/php-5.4.6, the following elog messages are displayed:
* Please note that this version of PHP does not yet come with a suhosin patch
* Installing php.ini for cli into /etc/php/cli-php5.4
* To switch cli to use php:5.4, run
* eselect php set cli php5.4
* Make sure that PHP_TARGETS in /etc/make.conf includes php5-4 in order
* to compile extensions for the 5.4 ABI
* This ebuild installed a version of php.ini based on php.ini-development version.
* You can chose which version of php.ini to install by default by setting PHP_INI_VERSION to either
* 'production' or 'development' in /etc/make.conf
* Both versions of php.ini can be found in /usr/share/doc/php-5.4.6
* For more details on how minor version slotting works (PHP_TARGETS) please read the upgrade guide:
Such messages should only be displayed when the package is upgraded from an old enough package (and possibly for new installs).
These situations can be checked in the ebuild as follows:
if has_version '<dev-lang/php-1.0'; then
Or, if the message should also be displayed for new installs:
if !has_version 'dev-lang/php' || has_version '<dev-lang/php-1.0'; then
Remember to replace 1.0 with the right version number.
See the tracker bug 440214 for more details.
*** Bug 440572 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Displaying most of this message only for new installs of a slot should be enough.
Author: Michael Orlitzky <email@example.com>
Date: Sun Jul 10 21:25:46 2016 -0400
dev-lang/php: new edit/revision to hide some elog messages when possible.
Two of the elog messages that we show only need to be dealt with
once. If the user has the recently-emerged slot of PHP in his
PHP_TARGETS already, then we don't need to bug him about that. And if
he has PHP_INI_VERSION set to a legal value, then we don't need to
inform him about that either.
A new revision is made for the php-5.6.x series. The 7.x series is not
stable, so an in-place edit was made.
dev-lang/php/php-5.6.23-r1.ebuild | 814 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
dev-lang/php/php-7.0.8.ebuild | 47 +--
2 files changed, 841 insertions(+), 20 deletions(-)