Disclaimer: this bug has been filed in a semi-automated manner.
When emerging the package media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly-0.10.18, the following elog messages are displayed:
* The Gstreamer plugins setup has changed quite a bit on Gentoo,
* applications now should provide the basic plugins needed.
* The new seperate plugins are all named 'gst-plugins-<plugin>'.
* To get a listing of currently available plugins execute 'emerge -s gst-plugins-'.
* In most cases it shouldn't be needed though to emerge extra plugins.
Such messages should only be displayed when the package is upgraded from an old enough package (and possibly for new installs).
These situations can be checked in the ebuild as follows:
if has_version '<media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly-1.0'; then
Or, if the message should also be displayed for new installs:
if !has_version 'media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly' || has_version '<media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly-1.0'; then
Remember to replace 1.0 with the right version number.
See the tracker bug 440214 for more details.
Closing as duplicate of bug #440546 since this is the same issue.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 440546 ***