Disclaimer: this bug has been filed in a semi-automated manner.
When emerging the package media-libs/gst-plugins-good-0.10.30, the following elog messages are displayed:
* The Gstreamer plugins setup has changed quite a bit on Gentoo,
* applications now should provide the basic plugins needed.
* The new seperate plugins are all named 'gst-plugins-<plugin>'.
* To get a listing of currently available plugins execute 'emerge -s gst-plugins-'.
* In most cases it shouldn't be needed though to emerge extra plugins.
Such messages should only be displayed when the package is upgraded from an old enough package (and possibly for new installs).
These situations can be checked in the ebuild as follows:
if has_version '<media-libs/gst-plugins-good-1.0'; then
Or, if the message should also be displayed for new installs:
if !has_version 'media-libs/gst-plugins-good' || has_version '<media-libs/gst-plugins-good-1.0'; then
Remember to replace 1.0 with the right version number.
See the tracker bug 440214 for more details.
This whole message comes from gstreamer eclasses and has been irrelevant for a while. It should be removed and be transformed to a news item next time it happens.
*** Bug 440548 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Those messages were actually not in the eclasses but since they relate to
really old releases, I just dropped them.