Disclaimer: this bug has been filed in a semi-automated manner.
When emerging the package app-admin/logrotate-3.8.2, the following elog messages are displayed:
* If you wish to have logrotate e-mail you updates, please
* emerge virtual/mailx and configure logrotate in
* /etc/logrotate.conf appropriately
* Additionally, /etc/logrotate.conf may need to be modified
* for your particular needs. See man logrotate for details.
Such messages should only be displayed when the package is a new install.
These situations can be checked in the ebuild as follows:
if ! has_version 'app-admin/logrotate'; then
See the tracker bug 440214 for more details.
Done in =app-admin/logrotate-3.8.3