Disclaimer: this bug has been filed in a semi-automated manner.
When emerging the package sys-kernel/genkernel-3.4.24_p2, the following elog messages are displayed:
* Copying files to /var/cache/genkernel/src...
* Documentation is available in the genkernel manual page
* as well as the following URL:
* This package is known to not work with reiser4. If you are running
* reiser4 and have a problem, do not file a bug. We know it does not
* work and we don't plan on fixing it since reiser4 is the one that is
* broken in this regard. Try using a sane filesystem like ext3 or
* even reiser3.
Such messages should only be displayed when the package is a new install.
These situations can be checked in the ebuild as follows:
if ! has_version 'sys-kernel/genkernel'; then
See the tracker bug 440214 for more details.
No, these messages should be displayed every time for genkernel. To remind users.
Could you edit the message to suggest ext4 over ext3? ;)