A Gnome viewer for star charts. The Gliese data is included in the standard ebuild. Stars are shown by luminescence in a 3D layout that the user can rotate.
This ebuild is contributed by Hypercube Systems Ltd.
Steps to Reproduce:
Created attachment 26046 [details]
spacechart ebuild. Suggest app-misc category.
A few problems with this ebuild:
- don't set S to its default value
- things that are in IUSE should actually be checked during configure/make (read: have an effect on what you get)
- for sourceforge stuff, use the mirror:// syntax
- don't include comments from the example ebuild
- don't include hardcoded version numbers within the ebuild if possible (see http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/ebuild-mistakes.xml )
- if things are only needed for building, not for running (I guess this is valid for stuff like flex and bison), define RDEPEND for the real runtime dependencies
About your question by e-mail, do a bugzilla search for how many open "enhancement" bugs the sci team still has :-/
There is no new versions after 0.9.4, and this is for GNOME 1.
checking for gnome-config... no
checking for gnomeConf.sh file in /usr/lib... not found
configure: error: Could not find the gnomeConf.sh file that is generated by gnome-libs install
Closing as RESOLVED, WONTFIX.
For reference, http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=460795
Debian is also dropping this package for same reason.