This is a bug-fixing release. Updating is recommended for users of the v6-stable branch.
- build system improvements and spec file templates
Thanks to Abby Edwards for providing these enhancements
- bugfix: disk queue was not persisted on shutdown, regression of fix to
The new code also handles the case of shutdown of blocking light and full delayable sources somewhat smarter and permits, assuming sufficient timouts, to persist message up to the max queue capacity. Also some nits in debug instrumentation have been fixed.
- bugfix: –enable-smcustbindcdr configure directive did not work
Thanks to Ultrabug for the patch.
add small delay (50ms) after sending shutdown message. There seem to be cases where the shutdown message is otherwise not processed, not even on an idle system.
Thanks to Marcin for bringing this problem up.
- support for resolving huge groups
Thanks to Alec Warner for the patch
- bugfix: potential hang due to mutex deadlock
Thanks to Andreas Piesk for reporting&analyzing this bug as well as providing patches and other help in resolving it.
- bugfix: property PROCID empty instead of proper nilvalue if not present
If it is not present, it must have the nilvalue “-” as of RFC5424
Thanks to John N for reporting this issue.
- bugfix: did not compile under solaris due to $uptime property code
For the time being, $uptime is not supported on Solaris
- bugfix: “last message repeated n times” message was missing hostname
Thanks to Zdenek Salvet for finding this bug and to Bodik for reporting
Hey Opportunist mate, this is in tree now, cheers !
+*rsyslog-6.2.2 (15 Jun 2012)
+ 15 Jun 2012; Ultrabug <firstname.lastname@example.org> -rsyslog-5.8.8.ebuild,
+ Version bump fix #420999. Drop old.