selinux-apcupsd-2.20110726 fails to emerge on a new server I am building using a stable profile. (amd64) I have this policy installed successfully on my ~amd64 system. It seems to be complaining about a missing declaration in the type enforcement file. Here is the log from the failed emerge:
* Package: sec-policy/selinux-apcupsd-2.20110726
* Repository: gentoo
* Maintainer: firstname.lastname@example.org
* USE: amd64 elibc_glibc kernel_linux selinux userland_GNU
* FEATURES: nostrip sandbox selinux sesandbox userpriv usersandbox
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking refpolicy-2.20110726.tar.bz2 to /var/tmp/portage/sec-policy/selinux-apcupsd-2.20110726/work
>>> Source unpacked in /var/tmp/portage/sec-policy/selinux-apcupsd-2.20110726/work
>>> Preparing source in /var/tmp/portage/sec-policy/selinux-apcupsd-2.20110726/work ...
>>> Source prepared.
>>> Configuring source in /var/tmp/portage/sec-policy/selinux-apcupsd-2.20110726/work ...
>>> Source configured.
>>> Compiling source in /var/tmp/portage/sec-policy/selinux-apcupsd-2.20110726/work ...
make -j1 NAME=strict -C /var/tmp/portage/sec-policy/selinux-apcupsd-2.20110726/work//strict
make: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/sec-policy/selinux-apcupsd-2.20110726/work/strict'
Compiling strict apcupsd module
/usr/bin/checkmodule: loading policy configuration from tmp/apcupsd.tmp
apcupsd.te":110:ERROR 'attribute httpd_rw_content is not declared' at token ';' on line 6943:
type httpd_apcupsd_cgi_rw_content_t, httpdcontent, httpd_rw_content; # customizable
/usr/bin/checkmodule: error(s) encountered while parsing configuration
make: *** [tmp/apcupsd.mod] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/sec-policy/selinux-apcupsd-2.20110726/work/strict'
* ERROR: sec-policy/selinux-apcupsd-2.20110726 failed (compile phase):
* emake failed
* If you need support, post the output of 'emerge --info =sec-policy/selinux-apcupsd-2.20110726',
* the complete build log and the output of 'emerge -pqv =sec-policy/selinux-apcupsd-2.20110726'.
* The complete build log is located at '/var/log/portage/sec-policy:selinux-apcupsd-2.20110726:20120428-035045.log'.
* The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/sec-policy/selinux-apcupsd-2.20110726/temp/environment'.
* S: '/var/tmp/portage/sec-policy/selinux-apcupsd-2.20110726/work/'
Yes, you'll need selinux-apache installed as well. This has been fixed recently by adding the proper dependency.