I wrote ebuilds for the Brother MFC-6490CW all-in-one printer.
Tested on amd64 with wireless connection to printer.
Created attachment 308003 [details]
LPR ebuild for Brother MFC-6490CW
Created attachment 308005 [details]
CUPS wrapper ebuild for Brother MFC-6490CW
Are you interested in maintaning this driver directly yourself in the new
printer-drivers overlay ?
If yes, just send me via personal e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
a public ssh key , so we can give you git push access to the overlay.
If you have a gnupg key, you should sign that e-mail .
Just a few rules:
* Initially, the ebuilds should work for you, and not break
* You enter yourself as maintainer in metadata.xml (together with
the printing herd), and are then automatically cc'ed in bug reports
* We will guide you towards improving the ebuilds over the next
months so they follow the rules and qa guidelines of the Gentoo
main portage tree. In particular this means also using a recent
EAPI (3 or perferably 4), and fixing repoman warnings .
Don't worry, we'll help you with that.
* I hope this is never going to happen, but... ebuilds that "work but
go against the guidelines" and do not see any improvement will be
removed again one year after initial addition.
There are many ways to get help.
* You can directly ask me by personal e-mail (my time is limited,
but I'll try),
* you can ask on freenode, channel #gentoo-dev-help,
* you can read the documentation (ebuild howto , devmanual ),
about net-print/brother-mfc6490cw-lpr: looks good to me
normally we dont install files with portage into /usr/local, but unfortunately the path is hardcoded in one of the binaries...