Gentoo Websites Logo
Go to: Gentoo Home Documentation Forums Lists Bugs Planet Store Wiki Get Gentoo!
Bug 379649 - Please re-keyword media-video/cheese-3.0.2
Summary: Please re-keyword media-video/cheese-3.0.2
Status: RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 449220
Alias: None
Product: Gentoo Linux
Classification: Unclassified
Component: [OLD] Keywording and Stabilization (show other bugs)
Hardware: All Linux
: Normal normal with 1 vote (vote)
Assignee: Gentoo Linux Gnome Desktop Team
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords: KEYWORDREQ
Depends on:
Blocks: gnome3 379651 gnome3.6
  Show dependency tree
 
Reported: 2011-08-18 05:49 UTC by Nirbheek Chauhan (RETIRED)
Modified: 2012-12-31 16:51 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
Package list:
Runtime testing required: ---


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Nirbheek Chauhan (RETIRED) gentoo-dev 2011-08-18 05:49:04 UTC
Cheese was rewritten in Vala and Clutter for 3.0, please test and keyword it.

>=media-libs/clutter-1.6.16     ~alpha ~arm ~ia64             ~sparc
>=media-libs/clutter-gtk-1.0.2  ~alpha ~arm ~ia64             ~sparc
>=media-libs/clutter-gst-1.3.12 ~alpha ~arm ~ia64 ~ppc ~ppc64 ~sparc
>=x11-libs/mx-1.1.12            ~alpha ~arm ~ia64 ~ppc ~ppc64 ~sparc
>=media-video/cheese-3.0.2      ~alpha ~arm ~ia64 ~ppc ~ppc64 ~sparc

For testing clutter and mx, there's no automated test suite, but there are manually-run tests. They can be run to test for basic functionality. Mx's tests aren't guaranteed to work, though.

Thanks!
Comment 1 Markus Meier gentoo-dev 2011-09-04 21:05:28 UTC
arm passes (no arm keywords in previous version of cheese)
Comment 2 iGentoo 2011-09-09 16:31:06 UTC
libgee-0.7.0 is out now and media-video/cheese-3.0.2 should depend on

      >=dev-libs/libgee-0.6.0:0
Comment 3 Pacho Ramos gentoo-dev 2011-09-14 10:45:46 UTC
(In reply to comment #2)
> libgee-0.7.0 is out now and media-video/cheese-3.0.2 should depend on
> 
>       >=dev-libs/libgee-0.6.0:0

Done, thanks
Comment 4 Albert W. Hopkins 2011-10-01 00:40:36 UTC
cheese also apparently needs gst-plugins-jpeg or else capturing still images fails.
Comment 5 Alexandre Rostovtsev (RETIRED) gentoo-dev 2011-10-01 03:23:57 UTC
(In reply to comment #4)
> cheese also apparently needs gst-plugins-jpeg or else capturing still images
> fails.

You are right, thanks for noticing! This has been fixed in the gnome overlay.
Comment 6 Alexandre Rostovtsev (RETIRED) gentoo-dev 2011-10-21 03:43:17 UTC
(In reply to comment #5)
> (In reply to comment #4)
> > cheese also apparently needs gst-plugins-jpeg or else capturing still images
> > fails.
> 
> You are right, thanks for noticing! This has been fixed in the gnome overlay.

..and now is fixed in cheese-3.0.2 in portage as well.

ia64, you will need to keyword media-plugins/gst-plugins-jpeg.
Comment 7 Tobias Klausmann gentoo-dev 2012-02-18 19:47:37 UTC
There is no 3.0.x anymore. Please tell us (alpha) what to keyword instead.
Comment 8 Alexandre Rostovtsev (RETIRED) gentoo-dev 2012-02-18 21:21:51 UTC
(In reply to comment #7)
> There is no 3.0.x anymore. Please tell us (alpha) what to keyword instead.

>=media-libs/clutter-1.6.16
>=media-libs/clutter-gtk-1.0.4
>=media-libs/clutter-gst-1.4.6
>=media-libs/cogl-1.8.2
>=x11-libs/mx-1.1.12
>=media-video/cheese-3.2.1

[Note about cogl: the cogl library was part of clutter in the 1.6.x versions; in 1.8.x versions, cogl was split off from clutter into a separate package.]
Comment 9 Tobias Klausmann gentoo-dev 2012-02-19 10:09:39 UTC
Keyworded these on alpha:

media-libs/clutter-1.8.4
media-libs/clutter-gtk-1.0.4
media-libs/clutter-gst-1.4.6
media-libs/cogl-1.8.2
x11-libs/mx-1.4.2
media-video/cheese-3.2.2
Comment 10 Brent Baude (RETIRED) gentoo-dev 2012-07-09 14:55:25 UTC
ppc done
Comment 11 Jens-Uwe Peter 2012-07-11 20:29:49 UTC
This version is not in portage anymore. Can we close the bug?
Comment 12 Anthony Basile gentoo-dev 2012-09-23 02:14:26 UTC
I'm trying to keyworkd cheese-3.4.2 (the latest version) and I'm hitting the following because of cheese's RDEPEND.  Can I get some direction here?


ppc64 timberdoodle ~ #  USE="X debug doc sendto" emerge =media-video/cheese-3.4.2
Calculating dependencies... done!

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=gnome-base/nautilus-2.91.1[sendto]".
(dependency required by "gnome-extra/nautilus-sendto-3.0.3" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "media-video/cheese-3.4.2[sendto]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "=media-video/cheese-3.4.2" [argument])
Comment 13 Alexandre Rostovtsev (RETIRED) gentoo-dev 2012-09-23 02:48:25 UTC
(In reply to comment #12)
> I'm trying to keyworkd cheese-3.4.2 (the latest version) and I'm hitting the
> following because of cheese's RDEPEND.  Can I get some direction here?

cheese[sendto] pulls in nautilus-sendto, which in turn requires nautilus-3.x[sendto].

Possible solutions:
1. keyword cheese-3.4.2, nautilus-sendto-3.0.3, nautilus-3.4.2, plus numerous dependencies that nautilus-3.4.2 will pull in;
2. keyword cheese-3.4.2 and add "media-video/cheese sendto" to ppc64's package.use.mask

Obviously, I think that solution 1 is cleaner/better, but it's certainly more work, so I can understand if you choose 2. In any case, masking sendto for cheese will only block a very minor aspect of cheese's functionality.
Comment 14 Anthony Basile gentoo-dev 2012-09-23 04:40:40 UTC
(In reply to comment #13)
> (In reply to comment #12)
> > I'm trying to keyworkd cheese-3.4.2 (the latest version) and I'm hitting the
> > following because of cheese's RDEPEND.  Can I get some direction here?
> 
> cheese[sendto] pulls in nautilus-sendto, which in turn requires
> nautilus-3.x[sendto].
> 
> Possible solutions:
> 1. keyword cheese-3.4.2, nautilus-sendto-3.0.3, nautilus-3.4.2, plus
> numerous dependencies that nautilus-3.4.2 will pull in;
> 2. keyword cheese-3.4.2 and add "media-video/cheese sendto" to ppc64's
> package.use.mask
> 
> Obviously, I think that solution 1 is cleaner/better, but it's certainly
> more work, so I can understand if you choose 2. In any case, masking sendto
> for cheese will only block a very minor aspect of cheese's functionality.

I found the problem in profiles/arch/powerpc/ppc64/64ul:

# Alexandre Rostovtsev <tetromino@gentoo.org> (25 Nov 2011)
# Mask USE flags on gnome-3.2 packages due to missing keywords on deps;
# bug #390345
>=gnome-base/nautilus-3 sendto

So I'm going to try to remove that masking.
Comment 15 Anthony Basile gentoo-dev 2012-09-23 05:25:27 UTC
keyworded ~ppc64
Comment 16 Agostino Sarubbo gentoo-dev 2012-12-31 16:51:21 UTC

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 449220 ***