Gentoo Websites Logo
Go to: Gentoo Home Documentation Forums Lists Bugs Planet Store Wiki Get Gentoo!
Bug 377065 - app-text/texlive-core-2011 does not work with dev-tex/luatex-0.63.0 (does not find modules)
Summary: app-text/texlive-core-2011 does not work with dev-tex/luatex-0.63.0 (does not...
Alias: None
Product: Gentoo Linux
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Current packages (show other bugs)
Hardware: All Linux
: Normal normal (vote)
Assignee: TeX project
Depends on:
Reported: 2011-07-30 14:45 UTC by Christoph Lange
Modified: 2011-07-31 07:36 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:
Package list:
Runtime testing required: ---


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Christoph Lange 2011-07-30 14:45:20 UTC
After installing TeXLive 2011 (and in particular app-text/texlive-core-2011), the texdoc program from app-text/texlive-core no longer worked.  (Maybe other programs would not have worked either; I didn't test that.)  Updating dev-tex/luatex from 0.63.0 (the stable version I had installed, and with which the TeXLive 2011 ebuilds were fine) to 0.70.1 it worked.

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
$ eix dev-tex/luatex
[I] dev-tex/luatex
     Available versions:  0.63.0 ~0.65.0 ~0.70.1 {doc}
     Installed versions:  0.63.0(04:30:02 PM 07/27/2011)(doc)
     Description:         An extended version of pdfTeX using Lua as an embedded scripting language.

$ texdoc biblatex
/usr/bin/texdoc:7: module 'texdoc.main' not found:
        no field package.preload['texdoc.main']
        [kpse lua searcher] file not found: 'texdoc.main'
        [kpse C searcher] file not found: 'texdoc.main'
        [kpse All-in-one searcher] file not found: 'texdoc'
Actual Results:  
texdoc doesn't work (see above)

Expected Results:  
texdoc finds the required modules and then works as expected, i.e. opens the requested documentation

Updating to dev-tex/luatex-0.70.1 solved the problem.

In case it's relevant, my dev-lang/lua version is 5.1.4-r1
Comment 1 Alexis Ballier gentoo-dev 2011-07-31 07:36:15 UTC
fixed, thanks