Mydumper (aka. MySQL Data Dumper) is a high-performance multi-threaded backup (and restore) toolset for MySQL and Drizzle.
* Lightweight C source
* Up to 10x faster dumps compared to mysqldump
* Consistent snapshots for transactional and non-transactional tables (in 0.2.2 onwards)
* File compression on-the-fly
* Binary log dumps
* Multi-threaded restore utility (in 0.2.1 onwards)
* Daemon mode for timed snapshots and continuous binary logs (in 0.5.0 onwards)
* License GNU GPLv3
Created attachment 280395 [details]
Created attachment 280397 [details]
This looks useful, you should try to get it committed to Sunrise:
It's a lot easier to move it into Portage once it's been reviewed by the devs there.
A couple of things I noticed:
* If you use the cmake-utils eclass, it will probably handle the configure/compile stages for you.
* With EAPI=4, you can get rid of the 'die' statements after the 'dobin's, although I'm not sure whether or not cmake-utils is EAPI 4 compatible yet.
* Make sure you indent with tabs instead of spaces in pkg_postinst().
Created attachment 283321 [details]
Created attachment 283323 [details]
Thank you Michael for your remarks.
I rewrote the ebuilds with EAPI=4, cmake-utils.eclass and i added the use flag doc for build documentation and man pages.
Update to mydumper-0.5.1.
Fixed long time ago
05 Nov 2011; Diego E. Pettenò <firstname.lastname@example.org> +metadata.xml,
Initial import of mydumper ebuild by Pavel Stratil (who will proxy maintain