Per emails March 8th, we were offered some comparatively cheap SSL certificates. Full details in the following emails that were sent to trustees.
This would provide a step up from CACert, in that the CA is already in browsers.
In return, we'd be offering them a banner position.
I'm not sure if I can just use the infra budget and make it happen, since they do need to verify our paperwork.
Actual costs are in the emails, not sure if I am permitted to disclose them publicly. Sounds like just their actual costs for what we need, and free beyond that.
Could we please have a quick decision on this during the AGM?
Approved on mail alias by trustees, 5 votes for, 0 votes against.
Infra to implement now.
Email sent to StartSSL with required paperwork, cc trustees, infra.
Closing per trustees meeting 2011/11/20.