Due to its statically linked Python installer, app-emulation/vmware-workstation is always rebuilt by python-updater.
The relevant output from 'python-updater -p -v -v -v':
* Checking app-emulation/vmware-workstation-126.96.36.199459:0
* Adding to list: app-emulation/vmware-workstation:0
* check: static_linking [ Binaries linked against Python static libraries f
Since this is a binary distribution that cannot be recompiled against the system's Python version, it should be ignored by python-updater.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install app-emulation/vmware-workstation.
2. Install app-admin/python-updater-0.8.
3. Run python-updater.
removed from the tree