when executed the server and password dialog entry boxes do not get keyboard focus when given "UI/mouse" focus.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. config fvwm - focus follows mouse
2. config fvwm - for tigervnc windows: grabfocus
3. execute tigervnc via a fvwm menu
4. tigervnc now has UI focus (window is active) however, there's no carat in the "VNC Server:" entry line
5. putting mouse on tigervnc window produces the necessary carat and keyboard focus, server name entry is now possible.
6. same UI issues happen when password dialog appears
It'd be nice if tigervnc behaved the same as tightvnc in this case. With tightvnc when the server/password dialogs are handed "UI/mouse" focus the text entry dialogs get keyboard focus, no moving the mouse is necessary to enter server/password. This is a big enough usability issue that no number of other tigervnc features will cause me to switch from tightvnc for client side usage.
You should report this upstream