media-video/dirac-1.0.2 install /usr/bin/dirac_unittest which appears to be an application specific to running the unit tests. Instead of installing it, the ebuild should run its tests (all of which pass, I'm happy to say).
This happens only if dev-util/cppunit is installed. I guess Dirac should handle tests explicitely with a flag in IUSE etc. Furthermore create_dirac_testfile.pl needs perl. And there are more things:
- have a test flag in IUSE
- depend on dev-util/cppunit and dev-lang/perl if FEATURES=="test"
- then also run the tests instead of installing the binary
- explicitely neither build nor run the tests if not FEATURES=="test"
- HOMEPAGE and SRC_URI might better point to diracvideo.org
- mmx use flag is not being respected. The produced configure file fails to handle a compiler name like x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++
- sort IUSE etc. alphabetically
Created attachment 258218 [details, diff]
diff -u dirac-1.0.2.ebuild dirac-1.0.2-r1.ebuild
This patch does not handle all the problems. I do not know how to fix properly:
- the broken handling of mmx support
- making the testing stuff optional and to separate it from the other parts