- If this package can be used as a library and installs Python modules
(*.so or *.py) into site-packages directories, then consider supporting
installation for multiple Python versions.
Please read section "Types of packages" in documentation  to decide
if this package can support installation for multiple Python versions.
- Ensure that the ebuilds do not use deprecated functions or variables.
- Please check if Python 3 is supported by this package. You can temporarily
set Python 3 as main active version of Python to properly test if this
package supports Python 3.
- If this package does not support Python 3:
- Specify dependency on Python 2.
You can use PYTHON_DEPEND helper variable, which should be set before
inheriting of python eclass.
Please read section "Specification of dependency on Python" in
- If this package cannot support installation for multiple versions of
Python, then set active version of Python using
- Ensure that shebangs in installed scripts specify correct version of
Python. If shebangs are too generic (e.g. '#!/usr/bin/python'), then you
can use python_convert_shebangs() to convert shebangs.
(Wrapper scripts generated by python_generate_wrapper_scripts() do not
require any changes.)
Please read section "Shebangs in installed scripts" in documentation .
- To ensure that changes applied to the ebuilds are sufficient, please
temporarily set Python 3 as main active version of Python and test if
this package can be properly installed and if it works at run time.
Please see documentation  for more details.
While this package seems substantially buggy for me regardless, I have been unable to notice any bugs exclusive to running with python 3 set as the system python interpreter.
Can anyone else confirm this?
merging also succeeds with python3 as system python.
kde-base/lokalize-4.4.2 installs 6 .py files into /usr/share/apps/lokalize/scripts directory. 5 of them don't have shebangs.
/usr/share/apps/lokalize/scripts/odf/xliffmerge.py has '#!/usr/bin/env python' shebang and doesn't support Python 3 (AttributeErrors for .has_key() and .itervalues()).
At least dependencies should be fixed and python_convert_shebangs() should be called.
> At least dependencies should be fixed and python_convert_shebangs() should be
So would there be call for patching the 5 .py files which lack shebangs to include proper shebangs as well?
Added missing kde4-meta_pkg_postinst, moved 'convert shebangs' to src_install and moved ebuild to tree.