- If this package can be used as a library and installs Python modules
(*.so or *.py) into site-packages directories, then consider supporting
installation for multiple Python versions.
Please read section "Types of packages" in documentation  to decide
if this package can support installation for multiple Python versions.
- Ensure that the ebuilds do not use deprecated functions or variables.
- Please check if Python 3 is supported by this package. You can temporarily
set Python 3 as main active version of Python to properly test if this
package supports Python 3.
- If this package does not support Python 3:
- Specify dependency on Python 2.
You can use PYTHON_DEPEND helper variable, which should be set before
inheriting of python eclass.
Please read section "Specification of dependency on Python" in
- If this package cannot support installation for multiple versions of
Python, then set active version of Python using
- Ensure that shebangs in installed scripts specify correct version of
Python. If shebangs are too generic (e.g. '#!/usr/bin/python'), then you
can use python_convert_shebangs() to convert shebangs.
(Wrapper scripts generated by python_generate_wrapper_scripts() do not
require any changes.)
Please read section "Shebangs in installed scripts" in documentation .
- To ensure that changes applied to the ebuilds are sufficient, please
temporarily set Python 3 as main active version of Python and test if
this package can be properly installed and if it works at run time.
Please see documentation  for more details.
Created attachment 227293 [details, diff]
Here is the patch for the ebuild. I would also vote for a revbump of the package.
Created attachment 227543 [details, diff]
Fixed ebuild patch
Fixed the patch. For some reason, python_pkg_setup is not exported for EAPI=2 and I haven't realized it.
Ignore my last comment ... the reason that python_pkg_setup is not exported, is that I didn't declare PYTHON_USE_WITH... As I do not need it, the fix is still valid and necessary.
Conclusion: The fixed ebuild is really fixed ... but the comment about why is wrong :)
Fixed in CVS, thanks René.