- If this package could support installation for multiple versions of Python,
then please try to adjust the ebuilds to support it.
- Ensure that the ebuilds do not use deprecated functions or variables.
- Please check if Python 3 is supported by this package.
- If this package does not support Python 3:
- Specify dependency on Python 2.
You can use PYTHON_DEPEND helper variable, which should be set before
inheriting of python eclass.
- If this package cannot support installation for multiple versions of
Python, then set active version of Python using
- Ensure that shebangs in installed scripts specify correct version of
Python. If shebangs are too generic (e.g. '#!/usr/bin/python'), then you
can use python_convert_shebangs() to convert shebangs.
(Wrapper scripts generated by python_generate_wrapper_scripts() do not
require any changes.)
Please see documentation  for more details.
ipkg-utils works with all currently supported Python 2 versions, but not with
Python 3 mostly because of the print syntax changes and nasty indentation.
The attached patch adds support for installing with multiple Python 2.x
versions, and also fixes hashlib warnings with recent 2.x releases.
It hasn't been tested all that much, as systems I use ipkg-utils aren't
updated often enough to have the necessary eclass changes.
Created attachment 224313 [details, diff]
Created attachment 224315 [details, diff]
hashlib updates for 1.7.
Created attachment 224317 [details, diff]
hashlib update for 1.7.050831.
Fixed in app-arch/ipkg-utils-1.7.050831-r1.