- If this package could support installation for multiple versions of Python,
then please try to adjust the ebuilds to support it.
- Ensure that the ebuilds do not use deprecated functions or variables.
- Please check if Python 3 is supported by this package.
- If this package does not support Python 3:
- Specify dependency on Python 2.
You can use PYTHON_DEPEND helper variable, which should be set before
inheriting of python eclass.
- If this package cannot support installation for multiple versions of
Python, then set active version of Python using
- Ensure that shebangs in installed scripts specify correct version of
Python. If shebangs are too generic (e.g. '#!/usr/bin/python'), then you
can use python_convert_shebangs() to convert shebangs.
(Wrapper scripts generated by python_generate_wrapper_scripts() do not
require any changes.)
Please see documentation  for more details.
there is certainly no urge to do this as the current ebuild didn't cause any reported problems in the years sabayon has been around, moving to P2.
Created attachment 233685 [details, diff]
This patch only removes deprecation warnings.
I will commit this patch, if you don't object in 1 week.
+ 27 Jan 2011; Pacho Ramos <email@example.com> -sabayon-2.25.0.ebuild,
+ -sabayon-2.28.1.ebuild, sabayon-2.30.1.ebuild:
+ Let this compile when python3 is main interpreter, bump to eapi3. Remove old.