First off, I apologize if this is a duplicate. I got this message during installing openoffice-bin-3.0.0:
* QA Notice: The following files contain writable and executable sections
* Files with such sections will not work properly (or at all!) on some
* architectures/operating systems. A bug should be filed at
* http://bugs.gentoo.org/ to make sure the issue is fixed.
* For more information, see http://hardened.gentoo.org/gnu-stack.xml
* Please include the following list of files in your report:
* Note: Bugs should be filed for the respective maintainers
* of the package in question and not firstname.lastname@example.org.
* RWX --- --- usr/lib/openoffice/ure/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
* RWX --- --- usr/lib/openoffice/ure/lib/libstdc++.so.6
* RWX --- --- usr/lib/openoffice/ure/lib/libstlport_gcc.so
Does not seem to prevent oowriter from starting.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. emerge =openoffice-bin-3.0.0
It installed okay with the above message.
Reassigned by request, after checking for obvious duplicates.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 230622 ***