* Browse and listen Shoucast Webradio
* Download and listen Podcast
* Show Lyrics (through many plugins like lyriki, leolyrics,... )
* See Wikipedia informations about artists or albums
* Browse shared library with DAAP
* Listen Last.fm Station
* Looking for Events about your favourite artists.
* Record any stream played in Listen
* Tune sound, with an equalizer 10 Bands
* Diffuse your playlist with an Icecast Agent (Need an icecast server)
* Visualizer (all gstreamer visualizer plugins are supported)
* Browse and listen Jamendo Music Store
* A Crossfade/Gapless playback engine
* Automatically update your Gajim or Pidgin status
* Show album cover and track progression in Avant-Window-Navigator
* Burn audio cd with Brasero
* Sync your iPod
Created attachment 190813 [details]
I started working on this.. but for now I gave up, the build system is pretty horrible. Please test, and comment on what should be changed.
0.6.2 has been out for a while. I've tested the thing a bit, but i'm not satisfied.
There could be musicbrainz support, if only there was a python-musicbrainz2 (http://musicbrainz.org/doc/python-musicbrainz2) ebuild in tree. There's one over at bug #12607
ssouminen: any reason you keep that rewrite of /usr/bin/listen? It's broken. Pure
python /usr/lib/listen/listen "$@" works for me.
Otherwise i agree with you - that build system is freaky. The app keeps bombing at retrieving amazon cover art, and does not show lyrics. But that we can't fix.
0.6.2 in portage, 0.5* removed.
Shouldn't this depend on pyxdg?
It isn't pulled as a dep, but listen won't start without it..
(In reply to comment #4)
> Shouldn't this depend on pyxdg?
> It isn't pulled as a dep, but listen won't start without it..
Good catch. Added now, sync in a hour or so