bash complains about syntax errors in revdep-rebuild.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. unmask bash-4, readline-6
2. remove plugins use flag for bash-4 to able to emerge it
3. emerge -1q bash readline
4. try to revdep-rebuild (on the same session or another, no matter)
/usr/bin/revdep-rebuild: line 700: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `)'
/usr/bin/revdep-rebuild: line 1095: syntax error: unexpected end of file
* Configuring search environment for revdep-rebuild
* Checking reverse dependencies
* Packages containing binaries and libraries broken by a package update
* will be emerged.
* Collecting system binaries and libraries
* Generated new 1_files.rr
* Collecting complete LD_LIBRARY_PATH
* Generated new 2_ldpath.rr
* Checking dynamic linking consistency
[ 100% ]
* Dynamic linking on your system is consistent... All done.
Created attachment 182999 [details, diff]
roughly correct syntax
There may be better resolution for this, but this works.
One may want to set compat31 shopt instead (not tested).
bash4 is not keyworded yet.