I have been tryed to emerge knetworkmanager for 2 days... With many recompilations of entire kde meta package... but never works.
I have the same bug with previous versions.
Steps to Reproduce:
make: *** [all] Erreur 2
* ERROR: kde-misc/knetworkmanager-0.2.2_p20080528 failed.
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 49: Called src_compile
* environment, line 4199: Called kde_src_compile
* environment, line 3011: Called kde_src_compile 'all'
* environment, line 3136: Called kde_src_compile 'myconf' 'configure' 'make'
* environment, line 3132: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* emake || die "died running emake, $FUNCNAME:make"
* The die message:
* died running emake, kde_src_compile:make
* If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
* A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/kde-misc/knetworkmanager-0.2.2_p20080528/temp/build.log'.
* The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/kde-misc/knetworkmanager-0.2.2_p20080528/temp/environment'.
>>> Failed to emerge kde-misc/knetworkmanager-0.2.2_p20080528, Log file:
I'm using kde 4, but I have kdelibs-3 for compatibility of programs like this.
Created attachment 178875 [details]
Created attachment 178877 [details]
This seems to happen because you are using Networkmanager 0.7 and current knetworkmanager version in portage doesn't have support for it.
I've found in you build log this part:
knetworkmanager-encryption.h:35:35: error: NetworkManager/cipher.h: No such file or directory
knetworkmanager-encryption.h:36:45: error: NetworkManager/cipher-wep-ascii.h: No such file or directory
knetworkmanager-encryption.h:37:43: error: NetworkManager/cipher-wep-hex.h: No such file or directory
knetworkmanager-encryption.h:38:50: error: NetworkManager/cipher-wep-passphrase.h: No such file or directory
knetworkmanager-encryption.h:39:47: error: NetworkManager/cipher-wpa-psk-hex.h: No such file or directory
knetworkmanager-encryption.h:40:54: error: NetworkManager/cipher-wpa-psk-passphrase.h: No such file or directory
Compare it to bug #253788. Hope this helps
But the downgrade solution is not very cool... I'll wait for the kde plasma plugin and use wicd until this time.
Thanks a lot!
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 253788 ***