Gentoo Websites Logo
Go to: Gentoo Home Documentation Forums Lists Bugs Planet Store Wiki Get Gentoo!
Bug 253108 - [java-overlay] dev-java/jrosetta (new ebuild)
Summary: [java-overlay] dev-java/jrosetta (new ebuild)
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Gentoo Linux
Classification: Unclassified
Component: [OLD] Java (show other bugs)
Hardware: All Linux
: High enhancement (vote)
Assignee: Java team
URL: http://dev.artenum.com/projects/JRose...
Whiteboard:
Keywords: InOverlay
Depends on:
Blocks: 237572
  Show dependency tree
 
Reported: 2008-12-30 10:24 UTC by Nico Schlömer
Modified: 2016-02-03 14:57 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
Package list:
Runtime testing required: ---


Attachments
jrosetta-1.0.1 ebuild (jrosetta-1.0.1.ebuild,749 bytes, text/plain)
2008-12-30 10:29 UTC, Nico Schlömer
Details
updated ebuild (proper src_uri) (jrosetta-1.0.1.ebuild,812 bytes, text/plain)
2008-12-30 14:15 UTC, Nico Schlömer
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Nico Schlömer 2008-12-30 10:24:11 UTC
Hi,

JRosetta provides a java console and is used in the latest version of Scilab, for example.

This is actually my first java ebuild, so there are chances it's flawed, please review and comment.

Issues that I see right now are:

1.) Unavailability of a direct download location? Check out the website.
    Right now, you'll have to manually fetch the sources.

2.) Dependencies? I couldn't find any documentation on it, so right now it depends on nothing but java itself.

3.) Unclear: Are both jrosetta-API.jar *and* jrosetta-engine.jar necessary?

4.) No src_test defined although the sources actually contain a src_test folder.

Cheers,
Nico

Reproducible: Always
Comment 1 Nico Schlömer 2008-12-30 10:29:44 UTC
Created attachment 176854 [details]
jrosetta-1.0.1 ebuild
Comment 2 Sylvestre Ledru 2008-12-30 10:35:25 UTC
As part of upstream of jrosetta and also the Debian packager of jrosetta, I am going to try to answer to your question:

1) It is possible to download the source automatically, we did it in Debian:
http://bollin.googlecode.com/svn/libjrosetta-java/trunk/debian/watch
However, you will notice that it is not that obvious

2) Indeed, there are no dependencies

3) Yep, both are necessary

4) Don't worry about the test (I am not sure what we are doing here)

Thanks for your work!
Comment 3 Serkan Kaba (RETIRED) gentoo-dev 2008-12-30 12:37:59 UTC
(In reply to comment #0)
> Hi,
> 
> JRosetta provides a java console and is used in the latest version of Scilab,
> for example.
> 
> This is actually my first java ebuild, so there are chances it's flawed, please
> review and comment.
> 
> Issues that I see right now are:
> 
> 1.) Unavailability of a direct download location? Check out the website.
>     Right now, you'll have to manually fetch the sources.
>
Looks like a great opportunuty to test SRC_URI arrows. Documentation can be found @ http://dev.gentoo.org/~zmedico/portage/eapi/eapi-2-draft.html#package-ebuild-eapi-2-draft-metadata-src-uri-output-file-name-customization
> 2.) Dependencies? I couldn't find any documentation on it, so right now it
> depends on nothing but java itself.
> 
> 3.) Unclear: Are both jrosetta-API.jar *and* jrosetta-engine.jar necessary?
dojar needs to be used there.
> 
> 4.) No src_test defined although the sources actually contain a src_test
> folder.
Looking at the source test is a performance rather that a unit test so you can pass that.
> 
> Cheers,
> Nico
> 
> Reproducible: Always
> 
Thanks for the submission
Comment 4 Nico Schlömer 2008-12-30 13:27:09 UTC
src_uri arrows? i thought they are only used to directly rename the downloaded file. -- our problem is that the file has no direct download location (?!) but a link that needs to be clicked on; see

http://dev.artenum.com/projects/JRosetta/download/JRosetta-1-0-1/data/src-gpl

hm. i also looked at the debian file (thanks for the link), but really don't know how to read it. hmmm. i'll try to dig some further...

cheers,
nico
Comment 5 Serkan Kaba (RETIRED) gentoo-dev 2008-12-30 13:58:07 UTC
(In reply to comment #4)
> src_uri arrows? i thought they are only used to directly rename the downloaded
> file. -- our problem is that the file has no direct download location (?!) but
> a link that needs to be clicked on; see
> 
> http://dev.artenum.com/projects/JRosetta/download/JRosetta-1-0-1/data/src-gpl
> 
> hm. i also looked at the debian file (thanks for the link), but really don't
> know how to read it. hmmm. i'll try to dig some further...
> 
> cheers,
> nico
> 

Why can't download this file link (http://dev.artenum.com/projects/JRosetta/download/JRosetta-1-0-1/data/src-gpl?action=download&nodecorator) be used?
Comment 6 Nico Schlömer 2008-12-30 14:14:04 UTC
oh, okay. that was a test, you passed. ;)

-- i'm prolly still dizzy with christmas food... here's the new and shiny ebuild!
Comment 7 Nico Schlömer 2008-12-30 14:15:41 UTC
Created attachment 176874 [details]
updated ebuild (proper src_uri)
Comment 8 Serkan Kaba (RETIRED) gentoo-dev 2008-12-30 18:44:39 UTC
Added the package[1] to java-overlay which is mostly based on your submission.

Thanks,
Serkan

1 http://overlays.gentoo.org/svn/proj/java/java-overlay/dev-java/jrosetta
Comment 9 Nico Schlömer 2009-02-05 16:12:40 UTC
ah, okay, nice.

just tell me how i can poke you guys then when a new version comes out (which has happened in the meantime).

cheers,
nico
Comment 10 Serkan Kaba (RETIRED) gentoo-dev 2009-02-05 22:34:00 UTC
(In reply to comment #9)
> ah, okay, nice.
> 
> just tell me how i can poke you guys then when a new version comes out (which
> has happened in the meantime).
You can comment on the bug or better drop by in #gentoo-java @ FreeNode.
> 
> cheers,
> nico
> 
Thanks.

Comment 11 Serkan Kaba (RETIRED) gentoo-dev 2009-02-05 22:38:41 UTC
I just bumped it in the overlay.
Comment 12 Patrice Clement (RETIRED) gentoo-dev 2016-01-26 09:29:06 UTC
Hi, are you still interested in adding this ebuild to Portage? Thanks for letting us know.
Comment 13 Patrice Clement (RETIRED) gentoo-dev 2016-02-03 14:57:19 UTC
I guess not. Closing this bug. 

commit 21df485 (HEAD -> master, origin/master, origin/HEAD)
Author: Patrice Clement <monsieurp@gentoo.org>
Date:   Wed Feb 3 15:56:50 2016 +0100

    dev-java/jrosetta: Very old release. Removal. Fixes bug 253108.

 delete mode 100644 dev-java/jrosetta/Manifest
 delete mode 100644 dev-java/jrosetta/jrosetta-1.0.2.ebuild
 delete mode 100644 dev-java/jrosetta/metadata.xml