Alexey from Russia St. Petersburg wants to join us and currently his intension is to help us in two areas: maintaining of kde packages and arm embedded development. He already helped a lot in kdesvn-portage overlay fixing bugs in new kde-4.x ebuilds. Also he worked a lot with Gentoo on arm (project page at http://pda.gentoo.ru where together with kmeaw they did a great stages to run Gentoo on hx4700 and some other PDAs.).
Currently there are no mentors in arm team. I've talked to jmbsvicetto and he told that it's ok if alexxy enters Gentoo as kde team member. So decision is that I'll help alexxy with general ebuild quizzes while kde team will help him with kde related stuff.
Currently he practically finished ebuild quiz and soon it'll be sent to recruiters review.
quiz sent to recruiters =)
I've just added editbugs privileges to alexxy and will be following his bug changes.
Please contact me by IRC or email to schedule the first review session.
We had the first session in November and alexxy was away 29.11-13.12. Don't remember him pinging me after that. Any way I will be unavailable between 2008-12-24 and 2009-01-07 so it will be at least then before we can continue with the EOM quiz. Giving this bug more time.
Both quizzes reviewed and improved and extra assignements done.
What we did:
- cvs/svn groups on cvs.gentoo.org
- sent you your LDAP/mail password via encrypted mail
What you need to do:
- subscribe to mailing lists with @gentoo.org address
- request forum status bump in #gentoo-forums or by mail to
email@example.com (if you have a forums count)
- send yourself mail to create .maildir
- add yourself to mail aliases ( like firstname.lastname@example.org )
see /var/mail/alias on dev.gentoo.org
- ask team leads to add yourself to herds.xml for the herds you want to
join or do it yourself if you have the permission to do so
- set lat and lon attributes in LDAP if you want others to know where
exactly you are located
- set gentooIM if you want people to be able to contact you via other
means than email
For the mentor:
- You are also responsible for the commits of your recruit during the first
month so you should watch the commits of your recruit via gentoo-commits