Gentoo Websites Logo
Go to: Gentoo Home Documentation Forums Lists Bugs Planet Store Wiki Get Gentoo!
Bug 237433 - gnome-extra/nautilus-dropbox-0.6.3 ebuild request
Summary: gnome-extra/nautilus-dropbox-0.6.3 ebuild request
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Gentoo Linux
Classification: Unclassified
Component: New packages (show other bugs)
Hardware: All Linux
: High enhancement (vote)
Assignee: Markos Chandras (RETIRED)
URL: http://www.getdropbox.com/
Whiteboard:
Keywords: EBUILD, InVCS
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2008-09-11 22:18 UTC by Kevin White
Modified: 2011-04-28 10:46 UTC (History)
34 users (show)

See Also:
Package list:
Runtime testing required: ---


Attachments
nautilus-dropbox-0.4.1.ebuild (nautilus-dropbox-0.4.1.ebuild,724 bytes, text/plain)
2008-09-11 22:19 UTC, Kevin White
Details
Same thing, with ~amd64 flag. (nautilus-dropbox-0.4.1.ebuild,731 bytes, text/plain)
2008-09-12 08:33 UTC, George
Details
nautilus-dropbox-0.4.1.ebuild (nautilus-dropbox-0.4.1.ebuild,527 bytes, text/plain)
2008-09-14 04:15 UTC, Kevin White
Details
gnome-extra/nautilus-dropbox-0.4.1 (nautilus-dropbox-0.4.1.ebuild,578 bytes, text/plain)
2008-09-16 07:02 UTC, Christoph Brill (egore) (RESIGNED)
Details
Update check disable patch (nautilus-dropbox-disablecheck-update-0.4.1.patch,627 bytes, patch)
2008-09-30 03:12 UTC, Atsushi Kobayashi
Details | Diff
gnome-extra/nautilus-dropbox-0.5.0 (nautilus-dropbox-0.5.0.ebuild,597 bytes, text/plain)
2008-10-31 20:54 UTC, Jeff Fletcher
Details
Updated 0.5.0 ebuild (nautilus-dropbox-0.5.0.ebuild,1.34 KB, text/plain)
2008-11-01 19:36 UTC, Joe Sapp (RETIRED)
Details
nautilus-dropbox-0.5.0.ebuild (nautilus-dropbox-0.5.0.ebuild,1.41 KB, text/plain)
2009-03-10 20:23 UTC, Michele Schiavo
Details
nautilus-dropbox-0.5.0.ebuild (nautilus-dropbox-0.5.0.ebuild,1.41 KB, text/plain)
2009-03-10 20:31 UTC, Michele Schiavo
Details
nautilus-dropbox-0.6.1.ebuild (nautilus-dropbox-0.6.1.ebuild,1.44 KB, text/plain)
2009-04-25 13:52 UTC, Victor Mendoza
Details
nautilus-dropbox-0.6.1.ebuild (nautilus-dropbox-0.6.1.ebuild,1.45 KB, text/plain)
2009-05-11 15:59 UTC, MATSUU Takuto (RETIRED)
Details
nautilus-dropbox-0.6.2.ebuild (nautilus-dropbox-0.6.2.ebuild,1.57 KB, text/plain)
2010-05-19 05:13 UTC, MATSUU Takuto (RETIRED)
Details
p.o.s. dropbox daemon (dropbox-bin-0.7.110.tar.gz,2.40 KB, application/octet-stream)
2010-06-03 23:22 UTC, Alex Barker
Details
nautilus-dropbox-0.6.3.ebuild (nautilus-dropbox-0.6.3.ebuild,1.75 KB, text/plain)
2010-08-13 03:44 UTC, Jacob Godserv
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Kevin White 2008-09-11 22:18:19 UTC
Store, Sync and Share Files Online.

Reproducible: Always
Comment 1 Kevin White 2008-09-11 22:19:47 UTC
Created attachment 165222 [details]
nautilus-dropbox-0.4.1.ebuild
Comment 2 Kevin White 2008-09-11 23:50:55 UTC
What is Dropbox?

Dropbox is a desktop application (for Windows, Mac OS X, and now Linux) and storage service that just works. It's the easiest way to share and store files online and keep files in sync across your computers 
Comment 3 George 2008-09-12 08:32:23 UTC
Installed fine, missing ~amd64 keyword though. And it doesn't have a full path, like 'net-www/nautilus-dropbox'. Other than that it installed fine and works great. I'll put up my slightly updated ebuild with the ~amd64 keyword in a minute.
Comment 4 George 2008-09-12 08:33:36 UTC
Created attachment 165244 [details]
Same thing, with ~amd64 flag.
Comment 5 George 2008-09-12 08:47:39 UTC
Ok, one more update...

"dropbox is CLI. That is, you don't have to run nautilus with plugin to make dropbox work. Just run ~/.dropbox-dist/dropboxd as daemon and it should work. You won't have any notifications though. "

From one of the devs. Someone should make an init script so we could just have the daemon run in the background... it still has to run the GUI at least once to set up the account, but that would be useful for people not on gnome (as nautilus autostarts the daemon).
Comment 6 Pascal Hartig 2008-09-12 14:55:53 UTC
Works fine. Thanks for the ebuild!
Comment 7 Jeroen Roovers gentoo-dev 2008-09-13 14:52:31 UTC
src_unpack(), src_compile() and src_install() should default nicely so you don't need to include them in the ebuild. Try pinging a few Gentoo gnome developers to gain their interest in this package.
Comment 8 Dmitry Dzhus 2008-09-13 17:40:34 UTC
(In reply to comment #7)

Indeed, just make sure `gnome2` eclass is inherited and this ebuild will install smoothly without a single `src_` custom function in it.
Comment 9 Kevin White 2008-09-14 04:15:31 UTC
Created attachment 165372 [details]
nautilus-dropbox-0.4.1.ebuild

Thanks for the pointers and to the guys at #gentoo-sunrise on freenode for their pointer. Supplying updated ebuild.
Comment 10 Christoph Brill (egore) (RESIGNED) 2008-09-16 07:02:59 UTC
Created attachment 165547 [details]
gnome-extra/nautilus-dropbox-0.4.1

I updated the ebuild to have a debug use flag (since configure.ac has support for it). I also cleaned up RDEPEND vs DEPEND flags (everything is needed to compile nautilus-dropbox) and whitescape.
Comment 11 Sebastián González 2008-09-28 12:05:16 UTC
I confirm, it works fine.  Thanks a lot !
Comment 12 Atsushi Kobayashi 2008-09-30 03:12:23 UTC
Created attachment 166793 [details, diff]
Update check disable patch

I tried it, it worked. Good handle filename Shift-JIT -> EUC-JP conversion.
but currentry pop-up "Packege Out of date please update" message many.
it cause speed down Nautilus.
Comment 13 Joe Sapp (RETIRED) gentoo-dev 2008-10-15 23:13:37 UTC
How about app-backup for a category?  From metadata.xml:
"The app-backup category contains tools for performing backups of data, including both full and incremental backups, as well as backups to other media (CD-R, Tape, etc.)."

Better than net-www I think ("The net-www category contains various WWW clients that have not yet moved into www- categories.")
Comment 14 Joe Sapp (RETIRED) gentoo-dev 2008-10-15 23:34:13 UTC
I wonder if LICENSE is accurate.  The source is released under GPL-2 (see COPYING) but images are copyrighted:

nautilus-dropbox is copyright 2008 Evenflow, Inc.

All images included in this package constitute data and are not licensed
for you to use under the terms of the GPL. You may not use the images
included in this package for any reason other than redistributing
this package without first obtaining permission from Evenflow, Inc.
You are explicitly forbidden from using these images in any other
software package. This includes the files:

* emblem-dropbox-syncing.icon
* emblem-dropbox-syncing.png
* emblem-dropbox-uptodate.icon
* emblem-dropbox-uptodate.png
* emblem-dropbox-unsyncable.icon
* emblem-dropbox-unsyncable.png
* dropbox.png
* busy2.h
* busy.h
* idle.h
* logo.h
Comment 15 Jeff Fletcher 2008-10-31 20:54:57 UTC
Created attachment 170423 [details]
gnome-extra/nautilus-dropbox-0.5.0

Updated for version 0.5.0
Also made the SRC_URI a bit more generic
Comment 16 Joe Sapp (RETIRED) gentoo-dev 2008-11-01 19:36:42 UTC
Created attachment 170475 [details]
Updated 0.5.0 ebuild

This adds the group dropbox so you can include only the users who wish to use the nautilus dropbox client.
Also adds DOCS and fixes LICENSE (or at least gets closer to what it should be).
Comment 17 Pierre Y. 2008-11-30 09:20:38 UTC
(In reply to comment #16)
> Created an attachment (id=170475) [edit]
> Updated 0.5.0 ebuild
> 
> This adds the group dropbox so you can include only the users who wish to use
> the nautilus dropbox client.
> Also adds DOCS and fixes LICENSE (or at least gets closer to what it should
> be).
> 
There is a bug with this ebuild : dropbox can't start, I have this error in .xsession-error :

** (nautilus:6724): WARNING **: /usr/lib64/nautilus/extensions-2.0/libnautilus-dropbox.so: Can't open shared object: Permission not allowed (translated from french)

I had to chmod +x and +r dropbox files in /usr/lib64/nautilus/extensions-2.0 to make dropbox working.
Comment 18 Joe Sapp (RETIRED) gentoo-dev 2008-12-01 12:12:13 UTC
(In reply to comment #17)
> (In reply to comment #16)
> > Created an attachment (id=170475) [edit]
> > Updated 0.5.0 ebuild
> > 
> > This adds the group dropbox so you can include only the users who wish to use
> > the nautilus dropbox client.
> > 
> There is a bug with this ebuild : dropbox can't start, I have this error in
> .xsession-error :
> 
> ** (nautilus:6724): WARNING **:
> /usr/lib64/nautilus/extensions-2.0/libnautilus-dropbox.so: Can't open shared
> object: Permission not allowed (translated from french)
> 
> I had to chmod +x and +r dropbox files in /usr/lib64/nautilus/extensions-2.0 to
> make dropbox working.
> 

You didn't mention whether you added your user to the group 'dropbox' or not.
Comment 19 Ian Whyman (thev00d00) gentoo-dev 2009-01-05 13:56:41 UTC
(In reply to comment #18)
> (In reply to comment #17)
> > (In reply to comment #16)
> > > Created an attachment (id=170475) [edit]
> > > Updated 0.5.0 ebuild
> > > 
> > > This adds the group dropbox so you can include only the users who wish to use
> > > the nautilus dropbox client.
> > > 
> > There is a bug with this ebuild : dropbox can't start, I have this error in
> > .xsession-error :
> > 
> > ** (nautilus:6724): WARNING **:
> > /usr/lib64/nautilus/extensions-2.0/libnautilus-dropbox.so: Can't open shared
> > object: Permission not allowed (translated from french)
> > 
> > I had to chmod +x and +r dropbox files in /usr/lib64/nautilus/extensions-2.0 to
> > make dropbox working.
> > 
> 
> You didn't mention whether you added your user to the group 'dropbox' or not.
> 

You get that error even when the user is in the correct group or not, however removing the offending lines in the ebuild, or chmoding the files lets it install and work fine.

A different *working* method is needed for per user usage, if it is needed at all
Comment 20 Shyam Mani (RETIRED) gentoo-dev 2009-01-15 08:51:27 UTC
Yeah, with the perms fixed, the 0.5.0 ebuild works fine.
Comment 21 Michele Schiavo 2009-02-04 19:51:33 UTC
there are some permission to fix on fresh install

ll /usr/lib64/nautilus/extensions-2.0/
totale 556
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root    18194 10 gen 00:05 libevince-properties-page.a
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root     1876 10 gen 00:05 libevince-properties-page.la
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root    18784 10 gen 00:05 libevince-properties-page.so
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root    42994  1 feb 15:13 libgnome-mount.a
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root     1841  1 feb 15:13 libgnome-mount.la
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root    35624  1 feb 15:13 libgnome-mount.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root     1868 24 gen 09:47 libnautilus-brasero-extension.la
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root    27272 24 gen 09:47 libnautilus-brasero-extension.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root     2762 10 gen 00:13 libnautilus-burn-extension.la
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root    27256 10 gen 00:13 libnautilus-burn-extension.so
-rw-r----- 1 root dropbox 89700  4 feb 20:49 libnautilus-dropbox.a
-rw-r----- 1 root dropbox  1801  4 feb 20:49 libnautilus-dropbox.la
-rw-r----- 1 root dropbox 56848  4 feb 20:49 libnautilus-dropbox.so
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root    14154 10 gen 00:03 libnautilus-fileroller.a
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root     1768 10 gen 00:03 libnautilus-fileroller.la
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root    14432 10 gen 00:03 libnautilus-fileroller.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root     1697 10 gen 00:23 libnautilus-sendto.la
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root    10272 10 gen 00:23 libnautilus-sendto.so
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root    95638  9 gen 23:57 libtotem-properties-page.a
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root     3250  9 gen 23:57 libtotem-properties-page.la
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root    62112  9 gen 23:57 libtotem-properties-page.so
Comment 22 Michele Schiavo 2009-03-10 20:23:56 UTC
Created attachment 184599 [details]
nautilus-dropbox-0.5.0.ebuild

fix libnautilus-dropbox.{a,la,so} permission
Comment 23 Michele Schiavo 2009-03-10 20:31:45 UTC
Created attachment 184601 [details]
nautilus-dropbox-0.5.0.ebuild

Sorry, this is correct with dropbox group.
Comment 24 Miller Larson 2009-03-20 14:52:49 UTC
CC
Comment 25 Yu Yuwei 2009-04-01 02:52:29 UTC
very handy, thanks!
Comment 26 Adrian Dannberg 2009-04-09 07:26:06 UTC
Hi 

I am trying to install dropbox through this ebuild.
When i try to manifest i get this:

Appending /usr/portage/local/selflay to PORTDIR_OVERLAY...
!!! /usr/portage/local/selflay/app-backup/dropbox/nautilus-dropbox-0.5.0.ebuild does not seem to have a valid PORTDIR structure.

would be glad if s/o could point me to instructions on how to make this ebuild work. thx
Comment 27 Piotr Szymaniak 2009-04-09 08:20:52 UTC
(In reply to comment #26)
> Appending /usr/portage/local/selflay to PORTDIR_OVERLAY...
> !!! /usr/portage/local/selflay/app-backup/dropbox/nautilus-dropbox-0.5.0.ebuild
> does not seem to have a valid PORTDIR structure.

cd /usr/portage/local/selflay/app-backup; mv dropbox nautilus-dropbox; cd nautilus-dropbox; ebuild foo.ebuild manifest

You have wrong dir.
Comment 28 Victor Mendoza 2009-04-25 13:52:42 UTC
Created attachment 189379 [details]
nautilus-dropbox-0.6.1.ebuild

Version bump
Comment 29 Miller Larson 2009-04-30 15:04:31 UTC
(In reply to comment #28)
> Created an attachment (id=189379) [edit]
> nautilus-dropbox-0.6.1.ebuild
> 
> Version bump
> 

So far, its working great on this end.  Thanks!
Comment 30 MATSUU Takuto (RETIRED) gentoo-dev 2009-05-11 15:59:29 UTC
Created attachment 190950 [details]
nautilus-dropbox-0.6.1.ebuild

clean up
Comment 31 Jose daLuz 2009-05-12 23:44:33 UTC
0.6.1 doesn't work for me. It never starts up, and if I run "dropbox start" I get:

$ dropbox start 
Starting Dropbox...Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 6, in <module>
  File "__main__.py", line 105, in <module>
  File "__main__dropbox__.py", line 2, in <module>
  File "arch/__init__.py", line 19, in <module>
  File "arch/linux/startup.py", line 11, in <module>
  File "ui/wx_core.py", line 4, in <module>
  File "wx/__init__.py", line 45, in <module>
  File "wx/_core.py", line 4, in <module>
  File "wx/_core_.py", line 14, in <module>
ImportError: /usr/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol: XRRGetScreenResourcesCurrent

This may be related to gtk+ being at 2.16.1 but pygtk being at 2.14.1. I filed bug 269632 to add the development version of pygtk in case that fixes the issue as the announcement states it supports the gtk+ 2.16 API.
Comment 32 Balazs Nemeth 2009-05-29 13:56:43 UTC
(In reply to comment #30)
> Created an attachment (id=190950) [edit]
> nautilus-dropbox-0.6.1.ebuild
> 
> clean up
> 

Works great with gnome-2.24/2.26 on x86 and amd64. Thank you.
Comment 33 Balazs Nemeth 2009-05-29 13:58:57 UTC
(In reply to comment #31)
> 0.6.1 doesn't work for me. It never starts up, and if I run "dropbox start" I
> get:
> 
> $ dropbox start 
> Starting Dropbox...Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<string>", line 6, in <module>
>   File "__main__.py", line 105, in <module>
>   File "__main__dropbox__.py", line 2, in <module>
>   File "arch/__init__.py", line 19, in <module>
>   File "arch/linux/startup.py", line 11, in <module>
>   File "ui/wx_core.py", line 4, in <module>
>   File "wx/__init__.py", line 45, in <module>
>   File "wx/_core.py", line 4, in <module>
>   File "wx/_core_.py", line 14, in <module>
> ImportError: /usr/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol:
> XRRGetScreenResourcesCurrent
> 
> This may be related to gtk+ being at 2.16.1 but pygtk being at 2.14.1. I filed
> bug 269632 to add the development version of pygtk in case that fixes the issue
> as the announcement states it supports the gtk+ 2.16 API.
> 

I have installed:
 - pygtk-2.14.1
 - gtk+-2.16.1

works for me.

emerge --info
Portage 2.1.6.11 (default/linux/amd64/2008.0, gcc-4.3.2, glibc-2.9_p20081201-r2, 2.6.30-rc7 x86_64)
=================================================================
System uname: Linux-2.6.30-rc7-x86_64-Intel-R-_Core-TM-2_Duo_CPU_T8300_@_2.40GHz-with-glibc2.2.5
Timestamp of tree: Fri, 29 May 2009 09:15:01 +0000
ccache version 2.4 [enabled]
app-shells/bash:     3.2_p39
dev-java/java-config: 2.1.7
dev-lang/python:     2.5.4-r2
dev-python/pycrypto: 2.0.1-r8
dev-util/ccache:     2.4-r7
dev-util/cmake:      2.6.2-r1
sys-apps/baselayout: 2.0.1
sys-apps/openrc:     0.4.3-r2
sys-apps/sandbox:    1.6-r2
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.13, 2.63
sys-devel/automake:  1.5, 1.9.6-r2, 1.10.2
sys-devel/binutils:  2.18-r3
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.4.1
sys-devel/libtool:   1.5.26
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.27-r2
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/env.d /etc/env.d/java/ /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/gentoo-release /etc/php/apache2-php5/ext-active/ /etc/php/cgi-php5/ext-active/ /etc/php/cli-php5/ext-active/ /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/sandbox.d /etc/splash /etc/terminfo /etc/udev/rules.d"
CXXFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
DISTDIR="/home/gentoo/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="ccache distlocks fixpackages parallel-fetch protect-owned sandbox sfperms strict unmerge-orphans userfetch webrsync-gpg"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://gentoo.osuosl.org/ http://de-mirror.org/distro/gentoo/ http://mirror.switch.ch/ftp/mirror/gentoo/"
LANG="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LC_ALL="hu_HU.UTF-8"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1"
LINGUAS="hu"
MAKEOPTS="-j4"
PKGDIR="/home/gentoo/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/home/gentoo/tmp"
PORTDIR="/home/gentoo/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/home/gentoo/overlay"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.at.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="X acpi alsa amd64 bluetooth bzip2 cli cracklib crypt dbus dri dvd dvdr flac ftp gdbm gif gnome gnome-keyring gstreamer gtk hal howl iconv isdnlog jpeg lcms libnotify midi mmx mmxext mp3 mudflap multilib ncurses networkmanager nls nptl nptlonly ogg opengl openmp pam pch pcre perl png pppd python readline reflection session slang spl sse sse2 sse3 ssl ssse3 sysfs tcpd tiff truetype unicode xinerama xorg zlib" ALSA_CARDS="hda-intel" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mmap_emul mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" APACHE2_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic auth_digest authn_dbd authn_default authn_file authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache dav dav_fs dav_lock dbd deflate dir env expires ext_filter filter headers ident imagemap include info log_config mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif so speling status userdir usertrack unique_id vhost_alias suexec" APACHE2_MPMS="worker" CAMERAS="canon fuji ptp2" ELIBC="glibc" INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse synaptics evdev" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LINGUAS="hu" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="radeonhd vesa radeon"
Unset:  CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, FFLAGS, INSTALL_MASK, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS

Comment 34 Michele Schiavo 2009-05-30 05:22:05 UTC
Did you upgrade?
Did you delete ~/.dropbox-dist ?

Last ebuild works great on me too. (gnome 2.26 amd64)


(In reply to comment #33)
> (In reply to comment #31)
> > 0.6.1 doesn't work for me. It never starts up, and if I run "dropbox start" I
> > get:
> > 
> > $ dropbox start 
> > Starting Dropbox...Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "<string>", line 6, in <module>
> >   File "__main__.py", line 105, in <module>
> >   File "__main__dropbox__.py", line 2, in <module>
> >   File "arch/__init__.py", line 19, in <module>
> >   File "arch/linux/startup.py", line 11, in <module>
> >   File "ui/wx_core.py", line 4, in <module>
> >   File "wx/__init__.py", line 45, in <module>
> >   File "wx/_core.py", line 4, in <module>
> >   File "wx/_core_.py", line 14, in <module>
> > ImportError: /usr/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol:
> > XRRGetScreenResourcesCurrent
> > 
> > This may be related to gtk+ being at 2.16.1 but pygtk being at 2.14.1. I filed
> > bug 269632 to add the development version of pygtk in case that fixes the issue
> > as the announcement states it supports the gtk+ 2.16 API.
> > 
> 
> I have installed:
>  - pygtk-2.14.1
>  - gtk+-2.16.1
> 
> works for me.
> 
> emerge --info
> Portage 2.1.6.11 (default/linux/amd64/2008.0, gcc-4.3.2,
> glibc-2.9_p20081201-r2, 2.6.30-rc7 x86_64)
> =================================================================
> System uname:
> Linux-2.6.30-rc7-x86_64-Intel-R-_Core-TM-2_Duo_CPU_T8300_@_2.40GHz-with-glibc2.2.5
> Timestamp of tree: Fri, 29 May 2009 09:15:01 +0000
> ccache version 2.4 [enabled]
> app-shells/bash:     3.2_p39
> dev-java/java-config: 2.1.7
> dev-lang/python:     2.5.4-r2
> dev-python/pycrypto: 2.0.1-r8
> dev-util/ccache:     2.4-r7
> dev-util/cmake:      2.6.2-r1
> sys-apps/baselayout: 2.0.1
> sys-apps/openrc:     0.4.3-r2
> sys-apps/sandbox:    1.6-r2
> sys-devel/autoconf:  2.13, 2.63
> sys-devel/automake:  1.5, 1.9.6-r2, 1.10.2
> sys-devel/binutils:  2.18-r3
> sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.4.1
> sys-devel/libtool:   1.5.26
> virtual/os-headers:  2.6.27-r2
> ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"
> CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
> CFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
> CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
> CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc"
> CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/env.d /etc/env.d/java/
> /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/gentoo-release
> /etc/php/apache2-php5/ext-active/ /etc/php/cgi-php5/ext-active/
> /etc/php/cli-php5/ext-active/ /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/sandbox.d /etc/splash
> /etc/terminfo /etc/udev/rules.d"
> CXXFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
> DISTDIR="/home/gentoo/portage/distfiles"
> FEATURES="ccache distlocks fixpackages parallel-fetch protect-owned sandbox
> sfperms strict unmerge-orphans userfetch webrsync-gpg"
> GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://gentoo.osuosl.org/ http://de-mirror.org/distro/gentoo/
> http://mirror.switch.ch/ftp/mirror/gentoo/"
> LANG="hu_HU.UTF-8"
> LC_ALL="hu_HU.UTF-8"
> LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1"
> LINGUAS="hu"
> MAKEOPTS="-j4"
> PKGDIR="/home/gentoo/portage/packages"
> PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"
> PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress
> --force --whole-file --delete --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles
> --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages"
> PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/home/gentoo/tmp"
> PORTDIR="/home/gentoo/portage"
> PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/home/gentoo/overlay"
> SYNC="rsync://rsync.at.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
> USE="X acpi alsa amd64 bluetooth bzip2 cli cracklib crypt dbus dri dvd dvdr
> flac ftp gdbm gif gnome gnome-keyring gstreamer gtk hal howl iconv isdnlog jpeg
> lcms libnotify midi mmx mmxext mp3 mudflap multilib ncurses networkmanager nls
> nptl nptlonly ogg opengl openmp pam pch pcre perl png pppd python readline
> reflection session slang spl sse sse2 sse3 ssl ssse3 sysfs tcpd tiff truetype
> unicode xinerama xorg zlib" ALSA_CARDS="hda-intel" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw
> asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa
> lfloat linear meter mmap_emul mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm
> softvol" APACHE2_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic auth_digest authn_dbd
> authn_default authn_file authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner
> authz_user autoindex cache dav dav_fs dav_lock dbd deflate dir env expires
> ext_filter filter headers ident imagemap include info log_config mem_cache mime
> mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif so speling status userdir usertrack
> unique_id vhost_alias suexec" APACHE2_MPMS="worker" CAMERAS="canon fuji ptp2"
> ELIBC="glibc" INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse synaptics evdev" KERNEL="linux"
> LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses
> text" LINGUAS="hu" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="radeonhd vesa radeon"
> Unset:  CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, FFLAGS, INSTALL_MASK,
> PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS
> 

Comment 35 Jose daLuz 2009-05-30 06:49:19 UTC
(In reply to comment #34)
> Did you upgrade?
> Did you delete ~/.dropbox-dist ?
I should have read the einfo. Deleting .dropbox-dist did it. Thanks!
Comment 36 Balazs Nemeth 2009-05-30 12:27:12 UTC
(In reply to comment #34)
> Did you upgrade?
> Did you delete ~/.dropbox-dist ?
> 
> Last ebuild works great on me too. (gnome 2.26 amd64)
> 
> 

No. I just emerge it at first time.
Comment 37 David Voge 2009-07-11 16:08:56 UTC
could someone include this ebuilds in portage? these are working.
Comment 38 Fabiano Francesconi 2009-07-11 16:16:15 UTC
I vote for adding this to the portage tree too
Comment 39 Christopher Loessl 2009-07-22 11:35:20 UTC
There have to be another RDEPEND

$ dropbox start
Starting Dropbox...Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "__main__dropbox__.py", line 3, in <module>
  File "arch/__init__.py", line 20, in <module>
  File "arch/linux/startup.py", line 11, in <module>
  File "ui/wx_core.py", line 7, in <module>
  File "wx/__init__.py", line 45, in <module>
  File "wx/_core.py", line 4, in <module>
  File "wx/_core_.py", line 14, in <module>
ImportError: libXinerama.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The Dropbox daemon is not installed!
Run with -i to install the daemon


witchouth libXinerama dropbox won't work here
Comment 40 Marco Bobbi 2009-08-31 22:23:19 UTC
I've a problem with dropbox.
I installed the 0.6.1 ebuild, but when I start it the tray icon shows up with a red x and the status is:

Can't access Dropbox folder
Indexing...

I have another pc (ubuntu) with it installed and all is ok. I don't know why it doesn't work on the gentoo one.
I tryed to reinsert email and password, reinstall the package with "emerge -v1", restart the computer, but nothing changed.
Can someone help me?

Gnome 2.24.3
emerge --info:
Portage 2.1.6.13 (default/linux/amd64/2008.0/desktop, gcc-4.3.2, glibc-2.8_p20080602-r1, 2.6.29-gentoo-r1 x86_64)
=================================================================
System uname: Linux-2.6.29-gentoo-r1-x86_64-AMD_Athlon-tm-_64_Processor_3500+-with-glibc2.2.5
Timestamp of tree: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 15:30:01 +0000
distcc 3.0 x86_64-pc-linux-gnu [disabled]
app-shells/bash:     3.2_p39
dev-java/java-config: 2.1.7
dev-lang/python:     2.5.2-r7
dev-util/cmake:      2.6.2-r1
sys-apps/baselayout: 2.0.0
sys-apps/openrc:     0.4.3-r1
sys-apps/sandbox:    1.3.2
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.13, 2.63
sys-devel/automake:  1.5, 1.7.9-r1, 1.8.5-r3, 1.9.6-r2, 1.10.2
sys-devel/binutils:  2.18-r3
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.4.0-r4
sys-devel/libtool:   1.5.26
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.27-r2
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=k8 -mtune=k8 -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/kde/3.5/env /usr/kde/3.5/share/config /usr/kde/3.5/shutdown /usr/share/config"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/env.d /etc/env.d/java/ /etc/fonts /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/gentoo-release /etc/init.d /etc/pam.d /etc/php/apache2-php5/ext-active/ /etc/php/cgi-php5/ext-active/ /etc/php/cli-php5/ext-active/ /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/sandbox.d /etc/security /etc/splash /etc/terminfo /etc/texmf/language.dat.d /etc/texmf/language.def.d /etc/texmf/updmap.d /etc/texmf/web2c /etc/udev /etc/udev/rules.d"
CXXFLAGS="-march=k8 -mtune=k8 -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="distlocks fixpackages metadata-transfer parallel-fetch protect-owned sandbox sfperms strict unmerge-orphans userfetch"
FFLAGS="-march=k8 -mtune=k8 -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://distfiles.gentoo.org http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/gentoo"
LANG="it_IT.UTF-8"
LC_ALL="it_IT.UTF-8"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1"
LINGUAS="it"
MAKEOPTS="-j2"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/portage/local/crossover /usr/portage/local/patch /usr/portage/local/swfdec /usr/portage/local/qgtkstyle /usr/portage/local/gsmartcontrol /usr/portage/local/geanyvc /usr/portage/local/anjuta /usr/portage/local/nautilus-dropbox"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="3dnow 3dnowext X a52 aac acl acpi alsa amd64 bash-completion berkdb bluetooth branding bzip2 cairo cdr cli cracklib crypt cups dbus doc dri dts dvd dvdr eds emboss encode esd evo examples fam flac fortran gdbm gedit gif gnome gpm gstreamer gtk hal iconv isdnlog jpeg latex ldap libnotify mad mikmod mmx mmxext mp3 mp4 mpeg mudflap multilib nautilus ncurses networkmanager nls nptl nptlonly ogg opengl openmp pam pcre pdf perl png ppds pppd python qt3support quicktime readline reflection samba sdl session spell spl sse sse2 ssl startup-notification svg sysfs tcpd tiff truetype unicode usb vorbis x264 xattr xinerama xml xorg xulrunner xv xvid zlib" ALSA_CARDS="intel8x0" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mmap_emul mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" APACHE2_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" ELIBC="glibc" INPUT_DEVICES="evdev keyboard mouse joystick" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LINGUAS="it" SANE_BACKENDS="genesys" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia"
Unset:  CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS
Comment 41 Fabiano Francesconi 2009-08-31 22:30:33 UTC
Don't know if this will help.
Close every instance of dropbox currently running.
Go into your home dir and delete .dropbox-dist.

Re-launch dropbox with -i parameter (dropbox start -i) and re-download it.

Let us know if this solves your problem :)
Comment 42 Fabiano Francesconi 2009-09-01 10:27:50 UTC
This will soon be accessable via sunrise overlay (url will be
http://overlays.gentoo.org/svn/proj/sunrise/reviewed/gnome-extra/nautilus-dropbox)
Comment 43 Marco Bobbi 2009-09-01 14:27:25 UTC
(In reply to comment #41)
> Don't know if this will help.
> Close every instance of dropbox currently running.
> Go into your home dir and delete .dropbox-dist.
> 
> Re-launch dropbox with -i parameter (dropbox start -i) and re-download it.
> 
> Let us know if this solves your problem :)
> 

I've already tryed, however I repeated the operation, with the same result.

I add two details:

1. when I launch "dropbox start -i" after the emerge, at the end of download and installation, it gives the error

"Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x***)!"

and I can't do anything. But restarting the system it doesn't appear anymore.

2. (after 1) when I launch "dropbox start" in order to insert email and passwd and create the folder in my home, at the end of the operation the red x shows up near the tray icon along with "Can't access Dropbox folder Indexing...". In addition to this I receive the bash message

"(nautilus:2508): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: Could not initialize inotify"

but also in this case it happens only the first time: if I stop&start dropbox it disappears.
Comment 44 Fabiano Francesconi 2009-09-03 00:08:38 UTC
libXinerama should be added as dep (otherwise tray icon won't work)
Tomorrow morning I'll update the ebuild to pull it.

@Marco
Do you have libXinerama installed? If not, try install it while I update the ebuild on sunrise (that still has to be reviewed so far).
Comment 45 Marco Bobbi 2009-09-03 08:06:19 UTC
Yes, I have libXinerama-1.0.3

Anyway the errors I get about graphic libraries happen only one time, then they disappear: the first after rebooting, the second after restarting dropbox.
So I don't know if they are the cause of dropbox not working.
Comment 46 Fabiano Francesconi 2009-09-03 08:50:06 UTC
(In reply to comment #45)
> Yes, I have libXinerama-1.0.3
> 
> Anyway the errors I get about graphic libraries happen only one time, then they
> disappear: the first after rebooting, the second after restarting dropbox.
> So I don't know if they are the cause of dropbox not working.
> 

I did a fresh install on my laptop.
libXinerama is surely a missing dep (thank you @  Christopher Loessl).

However, I get the same problem as you have. 
""Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x***)!" happens the first time, as you said, and this leaves you without being able to click on dropbox tray icon.

I did a "dropbox stop && dropbox start" and everything started running smooth.

I don't think it's strictly related to dropbox (since this is not Windows, there's no need to reboot the system to so such a things).
However this problem should be better analyzed
Comment 47 Marco Bobbi 2009-09-03 11:45:16 UTC
(In reply to comment #46)
> I did a fresh install on my laptop.
> libXinerama is surely a missing dep (thank you @  Christopher Loessl).
> 
> However, I get the same problem as you have. 
> ""Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x***)!" happens the first time, as
> you said, and this leaves you without being able to click on dropbox tray icon.
> 
> I did a "dropbox stop && dropbox start" and everything started running smooth.
> 
> I don't think it's strictly related to dropbox (since this is not Windows,
> there's no need to reboot the system to so such a things).
> However this problem should be better analyzed
> 

In my case that error disappears only if I reboot; doing stop && start doesn't work.

But the real problem is another and comes after, as I said: the red x and the message "Can't access Dropbox folder Indexing..." as dropbox status.
So I can't use dropbox.

Do you have the same problem with your laptop? Or does your dropbox work, after stop & start?
Comment 48 Fabiano Francesconi 2009-09-03 11:52:21 UTC
(In reply to comment #47)
> (In reply to comment #46)
> > I did a fresh install on my laptop.
> > libXinerama is surely a missing dep (thank you @  Christopher Loessl).
> > 
> > However, I get the same problem as you have. 
> > ""Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x***)!" happens the first time, as
> > you said, and this leaves you without being able to click on dropbox tray icon.
> > 
> > I did a "dropbox stop && dropbox start" and everything started running smooth.
> > 
> > I don't think it's strictly related to dropbox (since this is not Windows,
> > there's no need to reboot the system to so such a things).
> > However this problem should be better analyzed
> > 
> 
> In my case that error disappears only if I reboot; doing stop && start doesn't
> work.
> 
> But the real problem is another and comes after, as I said: the red x and the
> message "Can't access Dropbox folder Indexing..." as dropbox status.
> So I can't use dropbox.
> 
> Do you have the same problem with your laptop? Or does your dropbox work, after
> stop & start?
> 

No, I didn't have any problem but that.
Are you sure you've linked your computer to the account? Or maybe you have permission problem.

"Can't access Dropbox folder" can mean two things:
1. Dropbox can't access the _remote_ folder
2. Dropbox can't access the _local_ folder

Don't know if this problem is ebuild related, you should do a search on upstream forum.
Comment 49 michael 2009-09-24 07:40:17 UTC
Hi

I've exactly the same problem. Using nautilus-dropbox 0.6.1 from sunrise overlay. 
After initially starting dropbox, entering my username and password, the message "dropbox has been connected to your account" (or something similar) appears. Furthermore I get the following messages:

Gtk-Message: (for origin information, set GTK_DEBUG): failed to retrieve property `GtkOptionMenu::indicator-size' of type `GtkRequisition' from rc file value "0" of type `glong'
Gtk-Message: (for origin information, set GTK_DEBUG): failed to retrieve property `GtkOptionMenu::indicator-spacing' of type `GtkBorder' from rc file value "0" of type `glong'

(nautilus:6964): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: Could not initialize inotif

Then, dropbox status outputs the following message:
Can't access Dropbox folder
Indexing...


What I can say for sure:
* My dropbox account is valid and works alright. I've been using an older version of dropboxd from within KDE
* Accessing the local folder should work since I've been running dropboxd as root for testing purposes
Comment 50 Fabiano Francesconi 2009-09-24 12:33:59 UTC
Could you check the following command?

zcat /proc/config.gz| grep -i inotify
CONFIG_INOTIFY=y
CONFIG_INOTIFY_USER=y

Maybe Dropbox needs this setting enabled (in particular CONFIG_INOTIFY_USER has to be enabled).

@Marco Bobbi
Could you check that too?
Comment 51 Marco Bobbi 2009-09-24 16:13:19 UTC
(In reply to comment #50)
> Could you check the following command?
> 
> zcat /proc/config.gz| grep -i inotify
> CONFIG_INOTIFY=y
> CONFIG_INOTIFY_USER=y
> 
> Maybe Dropbox needs this setting enabled (in particular CONFIG_INOTIFY_USER has
> to be enabled).
> 
> @Marco Bobbi
> Could you check that too?
> 

Yes, that's the problem.
CONFIG_INOTIFY_USER was not set.
Now works well.
Thanks a lot.
Comment 52 Fabiano Francesconi 2009-09-24 16:18:53 UTC
(In reply to comment #51)
> (In reply to comment #50)
> > Could you check the following command?
> > 
> > zcat /proc/config.gz| grep -i inotify
> > CONFIG_INOTIFY=y
> > CONFIG_INOTIFY_USER=y
> > 
> > Maybe Dropbox needs this setting enabled (in particular CONFIG_INOTIFY_USER has
> > to be enabled).
> > 
> > @Marco Bobbi
> > Could you check that too?
> > 
> 
> Yes, that's the problem.
> CONFIG_INOTIFY_USER was not set.
> Now works well.
> Thanks a lot.
> 

Hurrrray! Finally figured out what was the problem!
I'll fix the ebuild asap
Comment 53 Fabiano Francesconi 2009-09-24 17:07:09 UTC
New ebuild will be soon available in sunrise-overlay.
Just a matter of time.
Comment 54 Triffid Hunter 2009-09-29 04:22:46 UTC
any chance of a nautilus use-flag, so I can use the daemon without installing half of gnome?
Comment 55 Misha 2009-10-05 20:03:38 UTC
(In reply to comment #54)
> any chance of a nautilus use-flag, so I can use the daemon without installing
> half of gnome?
> 

It would be proper to make dropbox separetly and plugins for file managers separetly or use flags even for them =)
Comment 56 Fabiano Francesconi 2009-10-05 22:28:37 UTC
(In reply to comment #55)
> (In reply to comment #54)
> > any chance of a nautilus use-flag, so I can use the daemon without installing
> > half of gnome?
> > 
> 
> It would be proper to make dropbox separetly and plugins for file managers
> separetly or use flags even for them =)
> 

It took sometime to me to think about this and I haven't pop out with a solution.
I asked to some gentoo guys for some advices regarding this and the things they said were that the solution proposed by dropbox ( http://wiki.getdropbox.com/TipsAndTricks/TextBasedLinuxInstall ) shouldn't be done by the ebuild itself.
One of those guy said that maybe should be performed by ebuild --config command but, I don't master ebuilds knowledge so well to provide that functionality.

However I'm still working on this and I wish to say that if someone pops out with a nice idea/implementation, I can work on that :)
Comment 57 Misha 2009-10-06 02:26:05 UTC
(In reply to comment #56)
> (In reply to comment #55)
> > (In reply to comment #54)
> > > any chance of a nautilus use-flag, so I can use the daemon without installing
> > > half of gnome?
> > > 
> > 
> > It would be proper to make dropbox separetly and plugins for file managers
> > separetly or use flags even for them =)
> > 
> 
> It took sometime to me to think about this and I haven't pop out with a
> solution.
> I asked to some gentoo guys for some advices regarding this and the things they
> said were that the solution proposed by dropbox (
> http://wiki.getdropbox.com/TipsAndTricks/TextBasedLinuxInstall ) shouldn't be
> done by the ebuild itself.
> One of those guy said that maybe should be performed by ebuild --config command
> but, I don't master ebuilds knowledge so well to provide that functionality.
> 
> However I'm still working on this and I wish to say that if someone pops out
> with a nice idea/implementation, I can work on that :)
> 

Actually we have dropboxd (daemon) only, it's official. u just copy it to your dir and use it, the problem i want it installed on system that i can use it by several users and not just install manually for each one and use ~/.dropbox/config as config, where i set directory and user/pass
Comment 58 Misha 2009-10-06 03:00:09 UTC
that's what i got, daemon only
Linux x86_64: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/17/dropbox-lnx.x86_64-0.6.505.tar.gz
Linux x86: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/17/dropbox-lnx.x86-0.6.505.tar.gz
and 
>The Dropbox binaries live in ~/.dropbox-dist; so if you keep your master copy
> in /opt/dropbox, just create a symlink under each user's home directory pointing ~/.dropbox-dist to /opt/dropbox.
>Configuration is stored per-user in ~/.dropbox, so there's no conflict.
Comment 59 Fabiano Francesconi 2009-10-06 07:12:48 UTC
(In reply to comment #58)
> that's what i got, daemon only
> Linux x86_64: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/17/dropbox-lnx.x86_64-0.6.505.tar.gz
> Linux x86: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/17/dropbox-lnx.x86-0.6.505.tar.gz
> and 
> >The Dropbox binaries live in ~/.dropbox-dist; so if you keep your master copy
> > in /opt/dropbox, just create a symlink under each user's home directory pointing ~/.dropbox-dist to /opt/dropbox.
> >Configuration is stored per-user in ~/.dropbox, so there's no conflict.
> 

yup. that's what I meant. This is a sweet solution but I'll have to discuss about it with some dev. Furthermore there are some other commands to issue and some python script.
Another problem could be "what if I want allow only a few users to use dropbox?" maybe the options or whatever can adjust it's behaviour, but it's quite dirty, IMHO, to put into users' home that symlink.  
Comment 60 Misha 2009-10-06 15:14:39 UTC
> yup. that's what I meant. This is a sweet solution but I'll have to discuss
> about it with some dev. Furthermore there are some other commands to issue and
> some python script.
> Another problem could be "what if I want allow only a few users to use
> dropbox?" maybe the options or whatever can adjust it's behaviour, but it's
> quite dirty, IMHO, to put into users' home that symlink.  
> 

Tried to explain on their forum (as u see my english is not so good), it have be dropbox group, so if u add user, only than he can use, also i think we can just make symlink dropbox to /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin, we just need to ask them to add option to check if user in group 
Comment 61 Fabiano Francesconi 2009-10-06 15:23:22 UTC
(In reply to comment #60)
> > yup. that's what I meant. This is a sweet solution but I'll have to discuss
> > about it with some dev. Furthermore there are some other commands to issue and
> > some python script.
> > Another problem could be "what if I want allow only a few users to use
> > dropbox?" maybe the options or whatever can adjust it's behaviour, but it's
> > quite dirty, IMHO, to put into users' home that symlink.  
> > 
> 
> Tried to explain on their forum (as u see my english is not so good), it have
> be dropbox group, so if u add user, only than he can use, also i think we can
> just make symlink dropbox to /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin, we just need to ask
> them to add option to check if user in group 
> 

Could you provide a link to the discussion thread?
Comment 62 Misha 2009-10-06 16:41:19 UTC
> Could you provide a link to the discussion thread?
> 
no respoces there yet but anyway - it's here:

http://forums.getdropbox.com/topic.php?id=13254&replies=1

we just need to find out how is in charge of linux version and talk to him, or even use own own daemon if they can provide us with api, it's even better for them to have more configurable daemon that people will add their own clients and it would be more popular
Comment 63 Neil 2009-11-11 07:19:20 UTC
Hi,

Having trouble installing under my user account.  Installation was fine on one computer, but on a second, running 'dropbox start -i' invokes the download, but when thats complete no dialog appears to finalise the installation with login details etc.  Strange thing is it runs fine as 'root'.  Tried then copying over the files from /root/.dropbox* to ~/.dropbox* and changing permissions, but these aren't recognised and I'm told dropbox hasn't been installed, try installing and the above happens?

Any thoughts/pointers welcome
Comment 64 Fabio Bonfante 2009-11-24 00:59:39 UTC
i've two system gentoo-amd64 with ideally the same configuration (regarding the installed packages... use flags... kernel...)
One of them has the same problem "Can't access Dropbox folder
Indexing..." (i'll call this computer B)
In both system i've inotify enabled
CONFIG_INOTIFY=y
CONFIG_INOTIFY_USER=y

Regarding the kernel configuration in the working system A there's also
CONFIG_DNOTIFY=y
not in computer B.

I'll try adding this option, someone with a working dropbox could check if this option is enabled in his system?  
Comment 65 Fabio Bonfante 2009-11-26 15:58:18 UTC
errata... both systems have 
CONFIG_DNOTIFY=y
different grep command... sorry... and now after logout and login all seems back to normal
Comment 66 MATSUU Takuto (RETIRED) gentoo-dev 2010-05-19 05:13:24 UTC
Created attachment 232053 [details]
nautilus-dropbox-0.6.2.ebuild
Comment 67 Alex Barker 2010-06-03 23:22:34 UTC
Created attachment 234049 [details]
p.o.s. dropbox daemon

I finally got this piece of crap working as a "daemon" on a system without X, gtk, qt, kde or gnome installed.  You still need to create the config folder on a machine with a GUI but you should be able to just copy it over after installing this ebuild.

There is no src code for this app so I cant patch it to clean it up.  Complain to dropbox please.
Comment 68 Neil 2010-06-04 09:04:45 UTC
(In reply to comment #67)
> 
> There is no src code for this app so I cant patch it to clean it up.  Complain
> to dropbox please.
> 

Not true, see https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?os=lnx where there is a source tar-ball for download (version 0.6.2).

Be great to see this in portage (although its still a pain that it relies on nautilus for non-GNOME users).
Comment 69 Alex Barker 2010-06-04 15:03:27 UTC
(In reply to comment #68)
> Not true, see https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?os=lnx where there is a
> source tar-ball for download (version 0.6.2).

I am referring to the CLI only version (>=0.7.110) that does not require  nautilus and half of gnome.  I already tried to patch the source code that is available but nautilus support is pretty ingrained in that release; patching would require a total rewrite.

Hopefully when 0.7.xxx release is finalized the source code will be released and we can do things like automatically setup the database, relocate the configuration folder and run the daemon as root.
Comment 70 Neil 2010-06-04 15:23:34 UTC
(In reply to comment #69)
> (In reply to comment #68)
> > Not true, see https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?os=lnx where there is a
> > source tar-ball for download (version 0.6.2).
> 
> I am referring to the CLI only version (>=0.7.110) that does not require 
> nautilus and half of gnome.  

Ahh, ok, my mistake, sorry for the misunderstanding.
Comment 71 Aaron Burnett 2010-07-22 19:02:07 UTC
I tried the latest ebuild, and am getting the following segfault in syslog-ng:

kernel: [ 4703.510973] dropbox[13347]: segfault at 109 ip 00007f0e234b998c sp 00007fff620be750 error 4 in libssl.so.0.9.8[7f0e23492000+4f000]

This is received when running "dropbox start -i".  Anyone else seen this?  I also recompiled openssl just in case something got broke, but the problem persists.
Comment 72 Jacob Godserv 2010-08-13 03:44:29 UTC
Created attachment 242693 [details]
nautilus-dropbox-0.6.3.ebuild

Merged changes made in sunrise with 0.6.2 here, since both seemed to have good ideas. The ebuild seems to work for me.
Comment 73 Marc Schiffbauer gentoo-dev 2010-12-03 01:22:54 UTC
An updated ebuild has been added to sunrise (0.6.7)

http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/sunrise/changeset/11584
Comment 74 Gilles Dartiguelongue gentoo-dev 2010-12-15 09:15:07 UTC
@hwoarang, isn't this a request until the ebuild makes it to the tree ?
Comment 75 Gilles Dartiguelongue gentoo-dev 2010-12-15 09:37:13 UTC
re-read bugzie definition of the keyword, it's still a request. Please use the whiteboard if you need filtering for sunrise overlay, thanks.
Comment 76 Walter Da Col 2010-12-16 14:08:17 UTC
nautilus-dropbox-0.6.7 can't be emerged

--2010-12-16 14:26:19--  http://gentoo.tiscali.nl/distfiles/nautilus-dropbox-0.6.7.tar.bz2
Risoluzione di gentoo.tiscali.nl... 195.241.77.98
Connessione a gentoo.tiscali.nl|195.241.77.98|:80... connesso.
HTTP richiesta inviata, in attesa di risposta... 404 Not Found
2010-12-16 14:26:19 ERRORE 404: Not Found.

--2010-12-16 14:26:19--  http://www.dropbox.com/download?dl=packages/nautilus-dropbox-0.6.7.tar.bz2
Risoluzione di www.dropbox.com... 174.36.30.70
Connessione a www.dropbox.com|174.36.30.70|:80... connesso.
HTTP richiesta inviata, in attesa di risposta... 200 OK
Lunghezza: non specificato [text/html]
Salvataggio in: "/usr/portage/distfiles/nautilus-dropbox-0.6.7.tar.bz2"

     0K                                                        25,8M=0s

2010-12-16 14:26:19 (25,8 MB/s) - "/usr/portage/distfiles/nautilus-dropbox-0.6.7.tar.bz2" salvato [415]

('Filesize does not match recorded size', 415, 323995)
!!! Fetched file: nautilus-dropbox-0.6.7.tar.bz2 VERIFY FAILED!
!!! Reason: Filesize does not match recorded size
!!! Got:      415
!!! Expected: 323995
Refetching... File renamed to '/usr/portage/distfiles/nautilus-dropbox-0.6.7.tar.bz2._checksum_failure_.UIsM6j'

!!! Couldn't download 'nautilus-dropbox-0.6.7.tar.bz2'. Aborting.

If I download it manually I got 316,5 kB (324049 byte)
Comment 77 Neil 2010-12-16 14:24:43 UTC
(In reply to comment #76)
> 
> ('Filesize does not match recorded size', 415, 323995)
> !!! Fetched file: nautilus-dropbox-0.6.7.tar.bz2 VERIFY FAILED!
> !!! Reason: Filesize does not match recorded size
> !!! Got:      415
> !!! Expected: 323995
> Refetching... File renamed to
> '/usr/portage/distfiles/nautilus-dropbox-0.6.7.tar.bz2._checksum_failure_.UIsM6j'
> 
> !!! Couldn't download 'nautilus-dropbox-0.6.7.tar.bz2'. Aborting.
> 
> If I download it manually I got 316,5 kB (324049 byte)
> 

I encountered this too.  You can fix this yourself by...

1. Rename the renamed tar-ball back to its original...

mv /usr/portage/distfiles/nautilus-dropbox-0.6.7.tar.bz2._checksum_failure_.UIsM6j /usr/portage/distfiles/nautilus-dropbox-0.6.7.tar.bz2

2. Forcing rebuilding the ebuild Manifest

ebuild --force /var/lib/layman/sunrise/gnome-extra/nautilus-dropbox/nautilus-dropbox-0.6.7.ebuild manifest

3. Emerging

emerge -uDNa nautilus-dropbox
Comment 78 Fabiano Francesconi 2010-12-16 22:45:39 UTC
I have updated the manifest on sunrise overlay.

I guess this is Dropbox's fault.
Comment 79 Fabiano Francesconi 2010-12-16 23:11:09 UTC
We decided to "downbump" (meh) to the v0.6.4 because this is the one actually published on their website.

We will await for v0.6.7 to become stable before giving you that version.
Comment 80 Andreas Oehler 2010-12-17 17:44:47 UTC
Hi,

although it is nice to have this in the sunrise overlay,
how are the plans to have this in the standard portage tree?
Still too bleeding edge for ~arch? 
Sounds there are quite some problems occuring with each new version?

Thanks and cheers

Andreas
Comment 81 Sebastian Pipping gentoo-dev 2010-12-18 03:18:12 UTC
(In reply to comment #80)
> although it is nice to have this in the sunrise overlay,
> how are the plans to have this in the standard portage tree?
> Still too bleeding edge for ~arch? 

From my point of view its not a matter of bleeding edge but a matter of complications.  The GPL part of the program downloads a proprietary daemon, which it cannot function without.  That deamon is something you may dump somewhere as a user, but as a distributor you cannot do that.  The fact that it's not in the main tree probably means that either no Gentoo dev is using it or not Gentoo dev is willing to fight with binary mess shipped.  Just my 2 cents, though.
Comment 82 Alexey Shildyakov 2010-12-19 15:14:49 UTC
('Filesize does not match recorded size', 324049, 323995)
!!! Fetched file: nautilus-dropbox-0.6.7.tar.bz2 VERIFY FAILED!
!!! Reason: Filesize does not match recorded size
!!! Got:      324049
!!! Expected: 323995
Comment 83 Sebastian Pipping gentoo-dev 2010-12-19 23:02:38 UTC
(In reply to comment #79)
> We decided to "downbump" (meh) to the v0.6.4 because this is the one actually
> published on their website.

Who is we?  Where have you downbumped it?


> We will await for v0.6.7 to become stable before giving you that version.

0.6.7 is linked at the official site now.
Comment 84 Sebastian Pipping gentoo-dev 2010-12-19 23:10:32 UTC
(In reply to comment #83)
> (In reply to comment #79)
> > We decided to "downbump" (meh) to the v0.6.4 because this is the one actually
> > published on their website.
> 
> Who is we?  Where have you downbumped it?

Nevermind, now figured.

Btw I have contacted upstream so they know checksum changes are a problem to us. So no more excuses :-)
Comment 85 Markos Chandras (RETIRED) gentoo-dev 2011-01-28 15:56:18 UTC
I will take it. If anyone is willing to proxy maintain it let me know
Comment 86 Markos Chandras (RETIRED) gentoo-dev 2011-01-28 16:47:07 UTC
+*nautilus-dropbox-0.6.7 (28 Jan 2011)
+
+  28 Jan 2011; Markos Chandras <hwoarang@gentoo.org>
+  +nautilus-dropbox-0.6.7.ebuild, +metadata.xml:
+  Moved from sunrise overlay. Thanks to everybody from bug 237433 that helped
+  developing this ebuild
+
Comment 87 Philipp Riegger 2011-02-17 10:11:31 UTC
This package is still in sunrise and "overwrites" the one in the tree if the sunrise overlay is used.
Comment 88 Nils Andresen 2011-04-28 10:43:50 UTC
Mak(In reply to comment #85)
> If anyone is willing to proxy maintain it let me know

I'll take the job, if the "position" is still open.