Emerging trac with sqlite use flag set doesn't automatically install pysqlite dependency.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Don't have pysqlite installed.
2. USE='sqlite' emerge -v trac
It fails to emerge trac because:
* To use the sqlite database backend, you must either:
* - build dev-lang/python with sqlite support, using the 'sqlite'
* USE flag, or
* - emerge dev-python/pysqlite
It should automatically know to pull pysqlite in as a dependency because of the USE flag set.
If you install pysqlite it will not complain, but to me it seems like this is a bug as it should be 'smart' enough to know to emerge pysqlite if it needs it.
It should, yes. Unfortunately Portage still doesn't feature use dependencies.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 155723 ***
Well, we've got USE deps (bug 2272) but they're not yet available in a stable EAPI.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 2272 ***