net-irc/kvirc-3.4.0: File collision with kde-base/kdenetwork.
* checking 2284 files for package collisions
1000 files checked ...
2000 files checked ...
* This package will overwrite one or more files that may belong to other
* packages (see list below). You can use a command such as `portageq
* owners / <filename>` to identify the installed package that owns a
* file. If portageq reports that only one package owns a file then do
* NOT file a bug report. A bug report is only useful if it identifies at
* least two or more packages that are known to install the same file(s).
* If a collision occurs and you can not explain where the file came from
* then you should simply ignore the collision since there is not enough
* information to determine if a real problem exists. Please do NOT file
* a bug report at http://bugs.gentoo.org unless you report exactly which
* two packages install the same file(s). Once again, please do NOT file
* a bug report unless you have completely understood the above message.
* package net-irc/kvirc-3.4.0 NOT merged
* Detected file collision(s):
* Searching all installed packages for file collisions...
* Press Ctrl-C to Stop
mm wonder how we should work around this as it sets the default app to run irc:// with and only is there with kdenetwork or ksirc
I think that net-irc/kvirc-3.4.2 should block kde-base/kdenetwork and kde-base/ksirc.
note - also applies to kde-base/kopete
* Package 'net-irc/kvirc-3.4.0' NOT merged due to file collisions. If
slightly dodge but how about the first on installed installs /usr/kde/3.5/share/services/irc.protocol and if the second package is installed it just logs a message and puts its version of the file in /usr/share/docs/$PF for the user to swap if they choose to.
(In reply to comment #2)
> I think that net-irc/kvirc-3.4.2 should block kde-base/kdenetwork and
Lol interesting ide blocking complete kde3 networking for kvirc dont you think?
I have no problem adding block for ksirc, anyone can do this for 3.5.10.
Since monos are going to be droped no kdenetwork will be around
- kdenetwork is p.masked
- dropped ksirc dep from kdenetwork-meta
- kvirc blocks ksirc
- ksirc blocks kvirc