epatch fails because the file kbibtex-0.2-desktop-entry.diff does not exist in the app-text/kbibtex/files directory in portage.
>>> Emerging (3 of 3) app-text/kbibtex-0.2 to /
* kbibtex-0.2.tar.bz2 RMD160 SHA1 SHA256 size ;-) ... [ ok ]
* checking ebuild checksums ;-) ... [ ok ]
* checking auxfile checksums ;-) ... [ ok ]
* checking miscfile checksums ;-) ... [ ok ]
* checking kbibtex-0.2.tar.bz2 ;-) ... [ ok ]
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking kbibtex-0.2.tar.bz2 to /var/tmp/portage/app-text/kbibtex-0.2/work
* Cannot find $EPATCH_SOURCE! Value for $EPATCH_SOURCE is:
* ( kbibtex-0.2-desktop-entry.diff )
* ERROR: app-text/kbibtex-0.2 failed.
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 1701: Called dyn_unpack
* ebuild.sh, line 817: Called qa_call 'src_unpack'
* ebuild.sh, line 44: Called src_unpack
* ebuild.sh, line 1383: Called kde_src_unpack
* kde.eclass, line 114: Called base_src_unpack 'autopatch'
* base.eclass, line 39: Called epatch '/usr/portage/app-text/kbibtex/files/kbibtex-0.2-desktop-entry.diff'
* eutils.eclass, line 160: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* die "Cannot find \$EPATCH_SOURCE!"
* The die message:
* Cannot find $EPATCH_SOURCE!
Carlo, you didn't commit the file.
Yes, missed it. But that's no reason to bug spam cryos and me - we're both on the kde alias.
(In reply to comment #2)
> But that's no reason to bug spam cryos and me - we're both on
> the kde alias.
Learn to deal with it .. or fix the metadata format or bugzilla.
But you don't expect me to lookup who is on the alias, don't you?
Yes, I do. A quick grep on kde packages changelogs would indicate it, some irc bot would spit it out, so a simple script would do. Please be so kind in future.
Carlo, I don't understand it. Why didn't you just thank Mike for filing the bug and be done?
Instead you had to tell me that i did spam you (and cryos). It was exactly one mail you got twice: I reassigned this bug to you, because you haven't committed the file. Don't miss a file and you won't get any mail.
I treat bugmail special if i am the assignee. So to me it is a real value to get some mail twice.
Why did you remove me from CC? Another form of kindness?
(In reply to comment #5)
> Carlo, I don't understand it. Why didn't you just thank Mike for filing the bug
> and be done?
The bug report is fine. Bombing me with needless additional mail like you did isn't.
> Don't miss a file and you won't get any mail.
Oh well, don't pretend to be an ass, please. I got the mail already. I don't need it twice.
> I treat bugmail special if i am the assignee. So to me it is a real value to
> get some mail twice.
So you've learned now that there are people who see it different than you.
> Why did you remove me from CC?
By accident. Should only be cryos and me. Added you back for your pleasure.
Thanks to both of you for the amazingly useful information on this bug. Removing KDE from the CCs.