BibTool is a tool to manipulate BibTeX databases. BibTool can be utilized for a broad range of operations.
It is missing in Gentoo.
Created attachment 112230 [details]
ebuild for bibtool-2.46
Might be an idea to dodoc README INSTALL THANKS etc.
The ebuild doesn't install the tcl or perl wrappers, or clib.
You could use --with-kpathsea in ./configure.. it's part of app-text/tetex.
Created attachment 249192 [details]
update ebuild for 2.51
Created attachment 348200 [details]
Ebuild for bibtool 2.55
I made some small modifications for the 2.51 ebuild to work with the current 2.55 version.
- "--with-system-kpathsea" is required on one of my systems, and makes a warning on the other one, but configuration works anyway.
- "sed -i -e 's#@kpathsea_lib_static@##' makefile" taken from Fedora for the package to build
To spare some time, reminder on how to use it. As root:
- Add "PORTDIR_OVERLAY=/usr/local/portage" in your make.conf
- mkdir /usr/local/portage/dev-tex/bibtool
- cp bibtool-2.55.ebuild /usr/local/portage/dev-tex/bibtool/
- cd /usr/local/portage/dev-tex/bibtool
- ebuild bibtool-2.55.ebuild digest
- emerge bibtool
and you're done.