Please find attached a new ebuild for mod_php 4.3.0.
1) Fixes for Java Extension support (same code as for my PHP 4.3.0 ebuild)
2) Moves config files for mod_php into /etc/conf.d/mod_php/ directory
3) /etc/conf.d/mod_php/lib points to PHP extensions, and no longer to Apache extensions. This
is in common with PHP CLI ebuild
I suggest updating my PHP 4.3.0 ebuild to move /etc/php4 into /etc/conf.d/php4 to be consistent.
Steps to Reproduce:
Created attachment 8245 [details]
Updated mod_php 4.3.0 ebuild
IIRC this was merged into older ebuilds and robbat2 is now working on java support in php.eclass.
Created attachment 13936 [details]
PHP eclass with Java support
Here's the changelist over the php.eclass v1.41:
1) php_check_java_config() updated to spot and reject attempts to build using
2) 'java support may be flaky' message removed
3) obsolete (and commented out) java support removed
4) php.ini file now installs into $INIFILE_DIR (set $INIFILE_DIR inside the
ebuild that uses this eclass)
5) java settings in php.ini automatically setup if compiled with java support
6) java DSO & support scripts automatically copied into $EXT_DIR (set $EXT_DIR
inside the ebuild that uses this eclass)
Tested with no JVM installed, with Blackdown, and with Sun JDK. Both JDK's
have a problem loading libjava.so under PHP; see
http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=23579 for details.
Created attachment 13937 [details]
mod_php ebuild updated for accompanying eclass
Changes against the ebuild in portage:
1) Installation of php.ini now handled by the eclass
2) Separate php.ini files for different apache builds
3) added notification on how to check Java support is working
See comment above about a bug preventing PHP<->Java from working for me today.
Created attachment 13938 [details]
Updated php CLI build with *working* Java support (grrr)
Changes since php-4.3.2.ebuild:
1) updated to use the accompanying php.eclass
2) outputs an information message if java support enabled
I've integrated this still into the eclass, and mod_php-4.3.2-r3, php-4.3.2-r1.
They will be released later tonight, please check them when they are released.