I start the plt-webserver with this command:
$ plt-web-server -p 9000
Then the server is up and all is fine, put in the moment I try to access any page with in the server CPU skyrockets to 100% and Memory usage skyrockets too. After some seconds swaping almost taking the system down if not killed asap.
Created attachment 101586 [details]
One schoolmate told me it had the same problem with web-server when trying to launch it with a non-root account (he is using Fedora) but when he launched it using root It run ok. I too was running it with my non-root account so I did a su and run the web-server and it run with no problems.
Any tips to run a profiler so I could narrow the problem?, I tried to search in my log of mails of plt-scheme mail list, google and their documentation but I haven't found a way to do a profile of a program.
This really looks like an upstream problem, feel free to post it at the upstream bug database (they prefer you use the "report bug" in the internal "Help desk", or use this form: http://bugs.plt-scheme.org/).
Alternatively you can get whatever info you can and post it here, and I will file an upstream bug when I get a chance.
As for profiling, the most simple way is to run under strace and redirect stderr to a file ("strace command 2> command.strace"). Or if you want full profiling, you can try oprofile (http://oprofile.sourceforge.net/)
Yeah I have the same feeling this bug is an upstream bug, I will post it to the upstream bug repository. And thanks for the profiling links.
You can try dev-scheme/drscheme-259.200, it's RC release that I just committed. You will likely have to unmask it, but you can be sure they haven't already fixed the problem before submitting a bug.
This is definitely upstream.