This is a patched version of pppd, which provides a module (pppoe.so) to use
kernel-pppoe. If this module is not used (not in the options) pppd behaves like
the unpatched version. (at least according to the author).
The ebuild-script is only slightly modified:
* another download-location (from roaring-penguin), they provide an already
* added HOMEPAGE
* added 2 Makefile-changes, to accept compiler-flags (pppd/plugins/Makefile and
* install 5 more files with doins
* added an additional doc-file (the html-page from where I downloaded the
patched pppd) This site is a wget from the site specified in HOMEPAGE
* added a note (einfo) in postinstall which asks the user to read this added
doc-file if he wants to activate kernel-pppoe
I hope I did not forget anything.
The headers maybe not correct.
Created attachment 501 [details]
the modified ebuild-script
Created attachment 502 [details]
a wget from the site specified in HOMEPAGE
ok, added. Thanks! Maybe you should become a Gentoo Linux developer :)